The Film Thread | Vital Football

The Film Thread

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
I thought it would be a good idea to broaden the existing film thread, (with our dear leaders approval of course :67: ) to include all things film related rather than just what you watched last night. So we can talk about upcoming films, your favourite films and recommend a film you've seen recently.

Anyone excited about the Star Wars film, if you haven't already seen the 2nd trailer, here it is -

[youtube=ngElkyQ6Rhs]

Batman vs superman.... interesting. Are they both goodies? Does one turn bad? Etc etc.... trailer is now out and seems from that maybe both are darker than normal.

Seriously though.... superman can fly so fast he can reverse the earths orbit..... hoe the hell is batman going to catch him? If batman 'wins' it will be ridiculous.

I think my film choice would be too girly for you masculine guys :14: Top of my list is Mam Mia. Told you. LOL

colavfc - 18/4/2015 13:52

Batman vs superman.... interesting. Are they both goodies? Does one turn bad? Etc etc.... trailer is now out and seems from that maybe both are darker than normal.

Seriously though.... superman can fly so fast he can reverse the earths orbit..... hoe the hell is batman going to catch him? If batman 'wins' it will be ridiculous.

Superman's main weakness is his reluctance to use his powers to kill, so if Batman goes bad he will spend the entire film smashing stuff up before snapping Ben Afflecks neck, least I hope so.

Meanwhile here's the official sneak peak -

[youtube=w852aRuN380]

And a proper trailer -

[youtube=IwfUnkBfdZ4]

kefkat - 18/4/2015 14:04

I think my film choice would be too girly for you masculine guys :14: Top of my list is Mam Mia. Told you. LOL

Don't be silly, films are subjective, put what you want here :35:

SURVAILENCE,,,,PLEASE McGrath do not even bother wathing this film, it is like watching an old Bill Pulman have a nervous breakdown with cringe worthy acting,,,,,ffs me and the mrs looked at each other at the end when it was going off looking like we had been put through some mental abuse and in need of theropy,,,,save yourselves avoid

There is a short fan made film called Predator Dark Ages, looks interesting, fan made films can be absolutely brilliant -

[youtube=tfm0ky3aFzg]

thefacehead - 18/4/2015 15:09

kefkat - 18/4/2015 14:04

Don't be silly, films are subjective, put what you want here :35:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek but thank you anyway Face :14:

I have to add Footloose, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, Look whose talking films, three men and a baby, Independence day, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam and The Trueman Show. Oh hum I will be back with more

If you get the chance, I'd suggest catch a film called 'The Water Diviner' starring Russell Crowe. I thought it was really good. I'm not going to say too much, but Crowe is an Aussie who's sons fought for the Anzacs at Gallipolli, all three died, but he travels to Turkey to bring home their remains.... if he can find them.

ANNNNNNND BREATHE....... Put all my DVD's back on the shelf in alphabetical order today, manic mission, anyone else anal about stuff like that?

thefacehead - 22/4/2015 23:00

ANNNNNNND BREATHE....... Put all my DVD's back on the shelf in alphabetical order today, manic mission, anyone else anal about stuff like that?

Yes and more besides. Order is a big thing of mine. All mine know how to put shopping away, in order, tins neatly in line etc. on shelves, so most def the same with DVD'S music etc

thefacehead - 18/4/2015 13:32

Anyone excited about the Star Wars film, if you haven't already seen the 2nd trailer, here it is -

Yes!

Trailer looks great as well.

Not read anything about it though, what period is it set in relation to the first and the final 3?

The Fear - 23/4/2015 13:56

thefacehead - 18/4/2015 13:32

Yes!

Trailer looks great as well.

Not read anything about it though, what period is it set in relation to the first and the final 3?

About 30 years after ROTJ I think, if you like spoilers (as I do) check out Empire's trailer breakdown (it doesn't actually give a lot away, mostly speculation) -

http://www.empireonline.com/features/force-awakens-trailer-breakdown