The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Well Cash at full back wasn't great. And in the early stages of the game Konsa made a few errors early on

But as the game went on he became an absolute giant in defence. Hope he stays there now

Cash was bloody awful, but I'm hoping it was just a blip and he'll be up to speed now for the rest of the season. As you say Konsa is so much better in the middle, we really miss him when he's not there. (well apart from the Arsenal game when Carlos turned into prime Baresi but that doesn't happen often enough).

Cash was bloody awful, but I'm hoping it was just a blip and he'll be up to speed now for the rest of the season. As you say Konsa is so much better in the middle, we really miss him when he's not there. (well apart from the Arsenal game when Carlos turned into prime Baresi but that doesn't happen often enough).

We need to do something about corners though. Pau isn't great in the air - Konsa slightly better but no his strong point.

I'd be amazed if Carlos and Lenglet were here in August. Nothing against either but I'd be getting their wages off our bill and signing some monster young CB. A lot depends on how Mings is coming back from his injury.

I'd be amazed if Carlos and Lenglet were here in August. Nothing against either but I'd be getting their wages off our bill and signing some monster young CB. A lot depends on how Mings is coming back from his injury.
Mings injury is a career ender. Just my opinion, VVD has not been the same since he got crocked by Pickford. It´s hard but there is no room for sentiment.

Bumping his thread again as he was immaculate yesterday but I guess we just take it for granted
He's so wasted at right back it hurts. I understand why we have to play him there a lot of the time but I can't wait until he's permanently back where he belongs.

We need a big squad to play all of the games. You won't get away with having 13 first team players and a few others who make up the numbers.

He's so wasted at right back it hurts. I understand why we have to play him there a lot of the time but I can't wait until he's permanently back where he belongs.

Yes, he should be central.

It's lovely watching how he just takes the ball from the attacker rather than tackling for it (although he did put a few decent tackles in too when needed).

The only downside for me is how appear to get pressed/penned in more on the right than the left when playing from the back. But that's not all down to Konsa anyway.

Thanks, I needed a laugh
First £100m Defender?? I know that we'll keep him, but wonder just how much we could screw them for - they are desperate after all. I'd probably keep listening to offers throughout the summer, then just tell them to sod off on transfer deadline day :ROFLMAO:

We need a big squad to play all of the games. You won't get away with having 13 first team players and a few others who make up the numbers.

If we have Pau, Konsa, Mings + another new CB then it makes no sense to me to have a probable 5th choice on 120k plus a week. I'd rather sign a Duran type youngster but at CB and preferably without his mad streak.

The problem is how can you justify playing him and Pau as a central pair? We've conceded 50 league goals this year, granted we've had to chop and change the backline multiple times.

Our two best box defenders at corners this season are Watkins and Rogers. That is horrifically bad and if the answer is bring back Mings then what? Drop Pau? No way. Drop Ezri? Probably not. So you're back to putting him at RB.

Missing Kamara is a big problem but again he is not a robust aerial monster, he is 5'10" and no better in the air than Ezri.

Not sure what the answer is and its a very difficult one for Unai to solve.