The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 281 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was on about, if they are arguing our pen, wasn't a pen (a good argument, they are so soft these 'fouls' these days) equally their goal should not have stood. It is against the rules to encroach like they did.

Not one England player complains about it, if they had maybe would have been a VAR review.
Same as the 2 balls on the pitch when Sterling won the penalty. Seen plenty of games stopped before when there are 2 balls in play. But not one Danish player tried to point it out

Ok what is your opinion? Seemed legit to me.

Against the rules and I'd put them in all in prison. :grinning::grinning:

I didn't actually know what the rule was, bet most of the footballers didn't either. I just meant if the Danes are bleating on about the penalty not being a pen, then that wasn't a goal either really. Makes sense they aren't allowed to block the goalies view of the free kick, but on the other hand, it would have made sense for Pickford to have been in the right position before it was taken to save it anyway!!!!!!!!

I like Lee Dixon. I like Jermaine Jenas. I like most of them. Only one I can't tolerate is Carragher on Sky.

In more euro 2020 bad news, I’ve read on the old socials Lee fucking Dixon will be ITV’s co-commentator for the final.

Anyone know who’s on the Beeb?
He's dull, very dull. Most of them are total shite. Jenas just says what he sees, better suited to the One Show.

I didn't actually know what the rule was, bet most of the footballers didn't either. I just meant if the Danes are bleating on about the penalty not being a pen, then that wasn't a goal either really. Makes sense they aren't allowed to block the goalies view of the free kick, but on the other hand, it would have made sense for Pickford to have been in the right position before it was taken to save it anyway!!!!!!!!
Come on of course they are allowed to block the goalies' view.

I like Lee Dixon. I like Jermaine Jenas. I like most of them. Only one I can't tolerate is Carragher on Sky.

I like Jenas to be fair, I do think he comes out with a few good points about the game. He’s doing an Alex Scott getting on everything from day time tele to football, fair play to him. She’s a good pundit though Alex Scott, definitely there on merit not just good looks.

Ok just to be clear there is no rule that you can't block the goalies' view. The rule in dispute is 1 metre from the wall. They still seemed to be 1 metre from the wall after moving...presumably they'd thought about it as it was a training ground routine

I'd always assumed it was only your opponents who had to adhere to a stipulation on distance? Your fellow team mates could do what they want even if it was naughty on a sportsmanship front?

To be fair to Pickford, if he couldn't see the ball he would have (correctly) positioned himself in line with their #fakewall. He is reliant on his own defensive wall to protect that side of the goal, but the Danish lad hit it so well that the wall could do nothing about it. When the #fakewall shifted, he didn't and that's why he couldn't get across in time. Very very difficult for a goalkeeper. It was a top quality strike.

Ok just to be clear there is no rule that you can't block the goalies' view. The rule in dispute is 1 metre from the wall. They still seemed to be 1 metre from the wall after moving...presumably they'd thought about it as it was a training ground routine

Yes, your wall can go anywhere you want it to, they can't be right by that wall apparently.

So there you go! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.