The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 253 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling more involved and has actually looked like having an end product. He’s got better as the tournament has gone on.

No doubt a confidence issue. Selfishly, it's a shame as it means no Jack.
Hopefully Sterling moves to the right and Jack comes on for Saka

If that was villa letting Maguire stride forward deep into our half unchallenged I would do my nut.
If that is their game plan we will hammer them.

Well, first box ticked.

At least they look up for it and aren't playing like they think they don't have to try to win.

I've just had this exchange with a friend on WhatsApp;

Him - As far as tonight’s Euro semi final goes and who we should support, I think it’s time for us Irish to forget the past and take a more grown up attitude to cheering on our old enemy. Let’s face it there’s no point in holding on to old historical grudges nowadays. The Viking raids happened a very long time ago so isn’t it time to forget the evil the perpetrated on us and cheer on Denmark tonight?

Me - As we have two Danish grandsons, I'd be doing so anyway. 😃 But whoever wins will have my support in the final.

Him - Top answer and I do agree that England have played well enough to justify getting to the final!

I’m hoping Southgate is just saving Grealish for the final, every game that passes him by making even more determined that he leaves nothing off the pitch, showcasing a master class performance, that just tops off the tournament, puts the cherry on the top winning it, justifying every managerial decision and holding him back from his strained shins.

Or he just doesn’t like Grealish 👀 Because with his performances he’s justified his place that just hasn’t came.

Anyway, Walkers playing alright, seems the most alert out the back four, no idea what Kane’s doing in midfield, Phillips is making too many mistakes, Mounts playing some tidy stuff.

I'll give Sterling some credit, he does something that Jack doesn't do, which may suit this team...and that's act like a striker. Jack doesn't burst into the box, taking runners with him.
However that's not to say Jacks skils don't surpass those overall of Sterlings

I'll give Sterling some credit, he does something that Jack doesn't do, which may suit this team...and that's act like a striker. Jack doesn't burst into the box, taking runners with him.
However that's not to say Jacks skils don't surpass those overall of Sterlings

I’d have Grealish over Saka all day long though. I don’t know many that wouldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.