The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 249 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And tonight. Will Southgate go to a 3-4-3 to counter the Dane’s system? Never mind the Italians yet, let’s worry about that bloke Maehle flying down the Danish left.

It'll be interesting to see which system and players Southgate goes for tonight, but to be fair he's earnt my trust so I trust him to pick the right formation and team.

Whether that makes me fickle (coz I slated him pre-Germany) or just means I like to give credit where it's due, make up your own minds. I just think while we keep winning it's hard to slate him.

3 semi-finals in 3 years. It's not a bad CV.

A home match and exhausted Italy; the whole tournament has been set up for England to revenge Wales' 2 defeats but I wouldn't fancy their chances against a fresh Italy in Rome after a trip to Baku
Spain will be quite a side at the next World Cup with Fati fit as striker

I don't think there's ever been easier routes to finals than what England have had this tournament and in the world cup in 2018. Germany in 2002 perhaps runs it close Paraguay -> USA -> South Korea -> Brazil in the knockout phases.

Considering people were contemplating finishing 2nd to get the easier path and avoid the Germany group it’s worked out all very nicely. Southgate has been a very lucky manager so far. I do think though, with the players he has at his disposal and the fixtures, he should be in the Semis at least so I don’t buy all the back slapping and praise. I still think he’s a clown and an awful manager. I just hope we have enough despite the handbrake he applies.

I’d be very interested to see how he gets on in his next job.

A home match and exhausted Italy; the whole tournament has been set up for England to revenge Wales' 2 defeats but I wouldn't fancy their chances against a fresh Italy in Rome after a trip to Baku

Why on earth would we be interested in avenging anything for Wales? As wih the Scots, the majority of them celebrate us losing so I have no interest in cheering them on in any tournament

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Phillips Rice

Foden Grealish Sterling

Kane

That's what my line up would be .

Personally I trust Trippier more than Walker, but that back 4 does seem to be Southgates preferred choice at the minute. Also think Mount is a nailed on starter whoever we play.
Funny how pre-tournament everyone was expecting Foden to be the star man, after a bit of an average start to the tournament he seems to have been forgotten about now

Considering people were contemplating finishing 2nd to get the easier path and avoid the Germany group it’s worked out all very nicely. Southgate has been a very lucky manager so far. I do think though, with the players he has at his disposal and the fixtures, he should be in the Semis at least so I don’t buy all the back slapping and praise. I still think he’s a clown and an awful manager. I just hope we have enough despite the handbrake he applies.

I’d be very interested to see how he gets on in his next job.
A lucky awful clown who's got us to the semi-finals without conceding a single goal? I'd say the only real luck was against Scotland where they rose to the occasion and we didn't but other than that we've had clear game plans that have worked like a charm.

To each their own.

A lucky awful clown who's got us to the semi-finals without conceding a single goal? I'd say the only real luck was against Scotland where they rose to the occasion and we didn't but other than that we've had clear game plans that have worked like a charm.

To each their own.

Yes, our games have been a bit dull to watch but he's getting the results which is what matters at the end of the day. I dont think we've been under the cosh from any team so far

Id say they’ll be fine, everyone thought Spain would be drained after two ETs but they were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.