The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Buendia deal not yet signed. There could be twists to this. There are reports Arsenal have offered £35m. Don't break out the champagne yet.

No plot twists, it’s been agreed, he’s having a medical in Argentina, all the Villa players are now following EMI Buendia on Instagram and Emi’s started following the Villa players, I’d say it’s wrapped up, no doubt there will be some sort of selling fee attached and bonuses pushing it close to 40m anyway.

Arsenal with a last minute counter bid when they know the deal has been concluded with us. They do this all the time, straight out of the Doug Ellis play book. They're fucked as a club.

No plot twists, it’s been agreed, he’s having a medical in Argentina, all the Villa players are now following EMI Buendia on Instagram and Emi’s started following the Villa players, I’d say it’s wrapped up, no doubt there will be some sort of selling fee attached and bonuses pushing it close to 40m anyway.

lovely but meaningless unless he has actually signed a contract.

I’m out of touch with all these things not that I ever really knew how they worked - so where is Buendia then and how does it work?

I assume he is somewhere in South America as he was pictured with Martinez, so how does that work with those of us who like to see the player “in the shirt, on the pitch”.

Can/will he sign today? This is by far and away the most important thing in my day and I’ve got some important things going on right now :grinning:

With the Argies and Emi - he can have a medical abroad, it just needs to be a certified medical building ie hospital, private hospital, private practice etc and then a club approved Doc/GP etc.

lovely but meaningless unless he has actually signed a contract.

Personal terms agreed from everything I’m reading, let’s be honest players all following each other is a massive thing for me, it’s been closely watched and it’s happened over the last 24 hours.

So I think his mind is set on us, perhaps we’ll announce it when the window officially opens.

Personal terms agreed from everything I’m reading, let’s be honest players all following each other is a massive thing for me, it’s been closely watched and it’s happened over the last 24 hours.

So I think his mind is set on us, perhaps we’ll announce it when the window officially opens.
He can't actually sign until then can he unless it's pre-contract deal but pointless 3 days away

With the Argies and Emi - he can have a medical abroad, it just needs to be a certified medical building ie hospital, private hospital, private practice etc and then a club approved Doc/GP etc.

I’ll happily fly out to Argentina with a toy stethoscope and seal the deal if needed. Dodgy heart conditions might not be picked up

I’ll happily fly out to Argentina with a toy stethoscope and seal the deal if needed. Dodgy heart conditions might not be picked up

In fact, actually, thinking about it a little more we'd probably just freelance the Argentine medical chaps if they were happy to do it.

Think there is enough in the debate, and the link is so strong, that we can have our dedicated thread now (leaves the transfer thread to new rumours)

He picked up the red card tag in his first year at Norwich, discipline wise he's improved season on season but does have a red mist in him.

Interview with our Vital Norwich editor on Emi

Losing Buendia is going to be horrible for the Canary nation. He is quite simply an awesome footballer. He was plucked from Getafe for an initial £1.5m fee as a replacement for Leicester bound James Maddison, who at that time was the outstanding player in our squad. Despite Maddison’s brilliance in Daniel Farke’s first Championship season, he had to be sold to keep the club afloat and Emi came in as his unknown successor.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...lla-are-signing-a-potential-world-class-star/