The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

He will stay and play for a new manager. Under Gerrard it's like playing for Vladimir Putin, open your mouth and your out the fuckin window.

Can see project Villa has stalled hasn't been that impressed with the way club going was never interested in signing. Then Gerrard banged him on the bench for McGinn thought bugger this another good player we have let slip through our fingers .

Hmm.
If all this is true, you could hardly blame him for wanting to go could you.

Arsenal coming in for him, yet he can't get in our team.

Not sure what to think about that to be honest!

He's been running down his contract for the past two years and we've watched it happen. If we don't sell him today, he'll leave for nothing next summer. Either way, we look stupid.
If he stays and we scrape survival, I'd argue that's worth more than £20m.

We definitely look stupid already.

If he stays and we scrape survival, I'd argue that's worth more than £20m.

We definitely look stupid already.

It probably won't help if he leaves but he isn't the kind of player we need. He's comfortable on the ball and keeps possession ticking over but we don't play like that. I think he'd look better in a better side but he's not a relegation battler and that's what we need for now.

Not good enough for us according to some experts on here but good enough for Arsenal. Replacing him with a Wolves cast off too, bloody hell, talk about downgrading.

I'll just say it how I see it, Luiz is a quality player not even in his prime years yet. He is our most able central midfielder and suffered immensely under clueless management who couldn't not only play to his strengths but saw fit to isolate him and force him to play second fiddle to inferior players.

Absolutely vexxing situation. We didn't offer him a contract anywhere near early enough, Gerrard went on record saying he will wait until the summer, well this is what happens. Luiz apparently now pushing for a move and I don't fucking blame him given his treatment.

Gerrard is an absolute fucking ****.

Not good enough for us according to some experts on here but good enough for Arsenal. Replacing him with a Wolves cast off too, bloody hell, talk about downgrading.

I'll just say it how I see it, Luiz is a quality player not even in his prime years yet. He is our most able central midfielder and suffered immensely under clueless management who couldn't not only play to his strengths but saw fit to isolate him and force him to play second fiddle to inferior players.

Absolutely vexxing situation. We didn't offer him a contract anywhere near early enough, Gerrard went on record saying he will wait until the summer, well this is what happens. Luiz apparently now pushing for a move and I don't fucking blame him given his treatment.

Its absolutely criminal

No point keeping an unhappy player. If they’re offering £25m for him I’d take it. He can sit on their bench instead of ours. The problem being that we know he’ll suddenly find star quality and we’ll look like pratts. If we’re not going to use him properly he might as well go.

I almost want him to go for his sake. We've absolutely wasted this guy's time here. Played out of position for the benefit of the team and took pelters in the process. We get a dedicated DM and now he's on the bench watching McGinn and Ramsey giving the ball, fouls, goals and yellow cards away. He comes in, visibly improves us and then back on the bench.

Nonsensical management by a clown.

He was offered a contract (contracts possibly) but didn't sign them -
despite our many fuck ups that isn't really one we can do much about if the intention is just to run it down (as Kamara did at Marseilles)

Just a matter of what value do we place on him for the remainder of his contract.

That aside it's an attrocious transfer window laying to rest any bs about being a big club trying to compete

But will the new manager play him?
Which new manager? Unfortunately, unless the owners make a decision, we have a manager and we need players who will play and fight for him. We have to live with reality and the reality is with this manager and in the position we are in we need tall guys who are scrappers, who are aggressive. Luiz wants to go and is largely one paced and, for me, he is not effective. He's not the only one I know, but he apparently wants to go.Take the money and spend it on Gallagher or the Leicester guy.
UTV

He's been approached by a club challenging for the Champions League spots so not surprised he wants to move. I think he'd really suit Arsenals style of play as well. I think he'd be asking to go no matter how many years he had left on his contract.
Need to get another one in if we are going to allow it though. Gallagher or Tielemans would be great, but not sure if they'd fancy joining us