The DOF job | Vital Football

The DOF job

chopey

Vital Squad Member
If we advertised the DOF job before we went for JK eg...

Travel the world
Watch all the games you want
In charge of signing players
Get all the credit if the players are good
Get none of the flak if there not

Would we get any better candidates or is he the best out there

Keegan would be good but he's a do'er , imagine having to run rule over Pardew , Keegan would just say fuck off I'll do it meself. Which is pretty much what happened at Fulham when he was d.o.f. over Ray Wilkins.

The role's a tricky one because every obvious candidate I can't see working for this regime . Maybe best to bring in a foreign d.o.f. it's more common there anyway and perhaps the role would be more defined and supportive to the manager.

In essence, the Director of Football role is just an updating version of the "Manager" a good manager can do and does do all of those roles within a club while coaching and selecting the team week to week (with the help of assistants and first team coaches etc), if a club is going to have a Director of Football then the managers role should not be called "Manager" imo

That's why in europe they tend to be called "head coach" jiggy. It's largely in britain we cling to the idea of a manager. Agree Keegan would be a better man for the job. But he'd never work for ashley again,and ashley would never hire him

I reckon ashley told JK h'es in charge of footballs at SJP and the rest is one of his lies - he has to blow the balls up, buy them in and make sure they're all put away at the end of the day.