The Daily Mass Shootings thread | Vital Football

The Daily Mass Shootings thread

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
It's just every day now.

Today something has happened in Munich at a shopping mall but the details are still sketchy

No doubt terrorism is the first thing that will be brought up

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-36870986

Yup I was only thinking we need a thread for them as they are coming thick and fast.

U.K, France and Germany. I know they are unsure with the soldier if it was terrorism yet but..............

BBC - doubt they are alone tonight - have out done themselves.

First rule of real reporting - have at least two sources or ignore it. Confirmation is key.

They sound like a publicly funding twatter feed at the moment with one idiot after another guessing to get their 15 seconds of fame and sound intelligent.

I think it's the major news networks that are pulling off these shootings. They love it don't they?

The wall to wall coverage, the same mobile phone video over and over, the carnage, the grief, the hashtags

They're all running around right now with huge hard-ons

If it is a terrorist attack which seems likely will merkel change her stance on open borders and welcoming refugees

I've got it on in the background, I don't think I've heard (might have missed it though) anything new in the last 3 hrs short of Obama's comments a minute ago.

Dynamite for the press though, especially 24 hr rolling coverage now - but that's why they should be more sensible. Reporting on rumours of further shootings in other areas of the city and helping to spread that panic when its since been found out nothing happened - well Alan Hanson would be shaking his head mumbling shambolic.

Wonder if somebody tweeted the shooter had just been abducted by aliens whether they'd cover that without even engaging their brains?

It'll be mid next week before they cut through all the BS and we actually know what happened.

Agghhh does my head in - right I'm off to do something useful lol

Merkel is under huge pressure over the policy. Similar in the Scandinavian countries where things are not being widely reported.

Apparently one of the gunmen shouted in German "I'm German and was born in Germany!"

I loved my time in Munich , always felt safe at night even when out alone , something that I never felt in Brum .

Times are changing even there now

Villan57 - 23/7/2016 08:36

I loved my time in Munich , always felt safe at night even when out alone , something that I never felt in Brum .

Times are changing even there now[/Q

I was thinking of Berlin. :13:

Well at least it's been shown to not be terrorism and the french police have said that, despite what ISIS may claim, there is no evidence to suggest that the event in Nice was a terrorist attack either, so hopefully these incidents will be seen for what they are rather than been used as yet another stick to beat muslims (or indeed any immmigrant or person of colour) with.

ISIS will claim any loony with a gun as their man if he's a Muslim , Truth is they have no direct contact with these nutters but the nutters are inspired by the same radical beliefs.

If we have 3m in the uk and only 0.1% are mentally ill enough to believe this stuff that's 3000 nutters are roaming our streets .
To do the bidding of the people who manipulate them

Some are no doubt inspired in their actions by ISIS, like Lee Rigby's killers but both the lad inn Germany and the bloke in Nice are, despite coming from a muslim background, not one of these cases, they were depressives who wanted to die and take others with them, no different to Tomas Hamilton or the two lads in Columbine, who were in no way inspired by Islam or even their own traditions of faith in Christianity.

A muslim commiting a murder (or mass murder) is no more inspired by their religion to do so than a christian, sikh or hindu is by theirs........unless of course, like with Lee Rigby's killers, they say so or leave evidence to such such. On these two occasions there was no evidence or claim by the individuals to claim such, in fact in Germany it seems to be quite the opposite, with the lad shouting out that he's a German, appearng to want to distance himself from ISIS.

Villan Of The North - 24/7/2016 16:30

Some are no doubt inspired in their actions by ISIS, like Lee Rigby's killers but both the lad inn Germany and the bloke in Nice are, despite coming from a muslim background, not one of these cases, they were depressives who wanted to die and take others with them, no different to Tomas Hamilton or the two lads in Columbine, who were in no way inspired by Islam or even their own traditions of faith in Christianity.

A muslim commiting a murder (or mass murder) is no more inspired by their religion to do so than a christian, sikh or hindu is by theirs........unless of course, like with Lee Rigby's killers, they say so or leave evidence to such such. On these two occasions there was no evidence or claim by the individuals to claim such, in fact in Germany it seems to be quite the opposite, with the lad shouting out that he's a German, appearng to want to distance himself from ISIS.

That's ok then Ian as long as they weren't killing in the name of religion or race .