The Cricket Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Pretty close to winding up a draw. The Bears were all out for 187 in their second innings.... trying to set a target perhaps, but Middlesex are comfortable at 80-2 with a target of 270.

Pride of Lions - 4/6/2015 09:20

As expected, petered out to a draw with Middlesex on 152-5.

Next up - T20 AWAY TO Durham on Saturday 6th June.

The Bears duly won there T20 match with Durham by 7 wickets.

Durham 163-7, Bears 164-3 with Ian Bell scoring 90 off 65 balls.

Next up, County Championship match against Worcestershire at New Road, commencing Sunday 14th June.

Well England playing NZ in the first one dayer. We are currently 50 - 2. Come 6 0 clock and Edgbaston will be rocking.

astonion - 9/6/2015 21:36

Well England playing NZ in the first one dayer. We are currently 50 - 2. Come 6 0 clock and Edgbaston will be rocking.

England posted 408-9 in their 50 overs. NZ yet to start.

Well, I see England put that one to bed early last night.

NZ all out for 198 after 31.1 overs, winning by 210 runs.

Job well done.

Amazing game last night.

My mate gave his tickets away as he also had tickets to see Fleetwood Mac who cancelled the concert at late notice.

That's what you call unlucky.

sirdennis - 10/6/2015 18:21

Amazing game last night.

My mate gave his tickets away as he also had tickets to see Fleetwood Mac who cancelled the concert at late notice.

That's what you call unlucky.

Yeah, that was unlucky. But lucky he missed Fleetwod Mac..... Lol

:17:

Also, I see England lost yesterdays' T20 by 13 runs using the Duckworth-Lewis method.

NZ 398-5 off their 50 overs.

England 365-9 off 46 overs.

Any Worcestershire fans on here ?

Warwickshire have just beaten them by an innings and 17 runs inside 2 days.

Altogether now.

"I'd rather be a Bear than a Pear"

Yeah, just noticed that sirdennis. I've been so busy over the last two days I didn't really have the time to check up on the scores. Too late now....Lol

Come on you Bears!

Terrific performance by England in last night's T20 match. I see they beat their record for a run chase in this form of cricket, Well Done England!

NZ 349-7 in their 50 overs.

England 350-3 in 44 overs!......

Get in there!

Meanwhile, The Bears have their own T20 match tomorrow (6.30pm) at Edgbaston v Leicestershire.

Then another at Edgbaston on Sunday 21st (2.30pm) v Yorkshire.

The Bears lost their T20 match with Leicestershire last night then.....

The Bears 160-5 off their 20 overs.

The Fox's 164-3 off 18.3 overs

We go again.........

It's the fifth and final One day International today.

NZ 283-9 off their 50 overs.

However, England haven't started their innings due to rain, so, if they do get out there eventually, it'll probably go down to a Duckworth Lewis readjusted target - if as I say they do get out there and they manage to complete 10 overs I think it is.

So it's Well Done England! They win the series 3-2.

Due to the weather (as above) they scored 192-7 off 25 overs to seal the victory!.....

No County Championship match for The Bears until next Sunday 28th at Edgbaston v Sussex.

But we do have a T20 match against Lancashire at Old Trafford on Friday 26th.