The Cricket Thread | Page 191 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

First test against NZ and England declare on the first day. Has they ever happened before? Right decision, NZ 37-3 still 288 runs behind.

With all the time differences around I'm a little perplexed.

Taking into consideration England WAS 21-3, they are now 315-3! They've gone off for rain atm, but Root is on 101 n.o. and Brook is 184 n.o.

I think they've just had tea...... or will be having it while they're in for the rain, I'm not sure.

Just an amazing fightback, the mental strength of Root (who has had a dip in runs of late) and Brook, when we were reeling (one of the catches was a stunner to be fair) was outstanding.

Feel for Crawley, so much pressure when you can't get a consistent run going.

See rain stopped play again in the second test against New Zealand.

However in what play there was we find England in the driving seat. Having declared on 435-8 we now find New Zealand on 138-7.

Day three should be interesting...... weather permitting of course.

New Zealand making a match of this second test.

Finally bowled out for 483. England needing 258 for victory are 48-1 at the close of day 4.

The Isle of Man scored the fewest number of runs ever in a T20. Playing against Spain the got just 10 (TEN). Their top scorer got 4 and three other players got 2 each. It took Spain 8.4 over to get them out.

Well, that's a kick in the nuts ain't it?!

New Zealand win by 1 run! We got bowled out for 256. It should of been fairly comfortable, but when you get Harry Brook being run-out for 0 without even facing a ball, perhaps you know it ain't gonna be your day.

Oh wow, that was gripping. Damn! Can't help but feel Broad throws away his wickets very cheaply, when all he needed to do was take his time.

Brooks run out was awful, but don't think anyone can criticise Root really!

Gutting. I understood why, but not convinced Faulks should have turned down so many singles, as Leach was defending fine.

Shows how far Cricket has moved, I'm now watching England play Bangladesh with a completely different 11 from the test side that played New Zealand.
The strength in depth is amazing, when you consider the test side have decided to play like a one day side