The Cricket Thread | Page 168 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Jos Buttler in the IPL tonight... :bow:

Poor ending though with the Delhi players basically surrounding the umpires over a no-call on a potential no ball. Just not cricket - literally.
I have only just read your post because I had recorded it and watched it last night. Disgraceful behavior and I think Jos went and told them so. What a tournament he is having.

Anyone else find it a bit strange that a player (a brilliant player) who had to have time off due to mental health issues, is now going to be Captain, with the full glare of the press and weight of England fans expectations?

Anyone else find it a bit strange that a player (a brilliant player) who had to have time off due to mental health issues, is now going to be Captain, with the full glare of the press and weight of England fans expectations?

Yes. I t's a real concern , but I suppose it's a reflection of the choices they had that there was really no other suitable candidate.

Strange thing to pile extra responsibility on a man who has fragile mental health.
Although as stated above he is one of the few starters, we can't really go back to the Days when they picked a captain that wasn't actually good enough to get in the team. I used to think that was ridiculous when I was a kid

He has said that he is going to reduce some of the white ball game so he can concentrate on test matches. Maybe that will take some of the pressure off him.

Ideally what England need is someone like Mike Brearley who, while not a great cricketer himself, was a good leader of men and a great tactician.

Problem is I can't think of anybody like that although I do not follow County cricket closely.