The Computer game thread | Vital Football

The Computer game thread

SherlockGT

Vital 1st Team Regular
There's a thread for TV, movies and music, and now one for computer games!

Just played through Mass Effect 3, which was a very good game but had a slightly disappointing ending. Its an intergalactic Role playing third person shooter and well worth a look. 8/10 only let down by the ending really.

Playing through Fallout 3 and all the add ons, Ive played it before and rate it as one of the best games ever. A masterpiece in my opinion and the mods you can get for it on the pc make it even better.

What you playing or thinking of playing then ladies and gents?

Mass Effect 3 has around 4 different endings mind lol. All depends on who you save throughout the game so its well worth doing all the side missions. Also worth noting that you need to watch after the final credits....

I played through 1 and 2 as well so it was pretty good you could carry your character over.

Working through Dead Island at the moment. Finished Battlefield 4 recently which was pretty good.

Hoping to get the new Thief for my birthday.

The endings for mass effect 3 were universally panned to the point they had to release a more detailed ending as dlc! The more detailed ending was much better.

Not played dead island, I watch AngryJoe's Youtube channel and he criticised it heavily, and the new Thief got pretty bad reviews too. Battlefield 4 on the otherhand :108: :104:

Oh i do luv Fallout 3 but was disapointed with Fallout Vegas tbh never got into that one nor completed it gave up on it,
I'm currently having a blast on Colonal Mines Aliens it is only a fiver at Asda and i am realkly enjoying it when i'm able to play it (eyes permiting) still play Fifa 13, would luv to try thatnew GTA wowzer and also that Ghosts COD game looks unreal.

I was a fan of New Vegas too Clive, for me it was just an extension of fallout 3, same game different environment.

I played GTA5 until my ps3 broke, its brilliant. I used to love playing it online and rampaging around the city.

I'm still playing fifa 12 too from time to time, didnt bother with 13, same game different packaging imo.

Dead Island I'm really into. I didn't like it first, but I was unwell one weekend and gave it another crack. Great game when you understand how it works.

I have always been a big fan of the Thief games and I liked the preview vid so thought I'd give it a go. Tempted to pickup Skyrim again for a bit while I wait.

A mate of mine works for ATI and gets me the limited edition versions of Battlefield :14:

Red dead redemption is what im playing at the moment. I know its a bit of an old game but I love it. For those of you that haven't played it, its a bit like a great western version of GTA

Wow. Red Dead. Haven't played that in a while. Brilliant game. My fave mission on that one had to be the train heist. I wont say more incase your not there yet :17:

Red Dead Redemption, one of the greatest games of the ps3 era. Played it online not too long ago and it still holds its own against more modern titles. A 10/10 game for me.

Red Dead, Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA, Fallout and Total war are my favourite games ever.

The Batman trilogy has been amazing. Arkham City being the best for me.

Arkham Knight looks very good from the previews I've seen.

Not played much of Arkham city nor seen any reviews on Arkham Knight but if they are as action packed as the the first one they will be quality games. I never thought a superhero game would be as good as Arkham Asylum.

Barney2004 - 20/3/2014 09:08

Red dead redemption is what im playing at the moment. I know its a bit of an old game but I love it. For those of you that haven't played it, its a bit like a great western version of GTA

brings back memories, bought my nephew that, he was overjoyed! The graphics blew me away I must admit. But I'm not a gamer, can't quite get my head around playing games at all these days (since brain op funnily enough) but blimey, what an industry it is. I did used to like playing a Harry Potter game with my nephew and we had a downhill skiing game, but he used to get frustrated and quite angry at not being as good so it became tense at times! lol

Fascinates me also the age ranges of those who play as well.

Barney2004 - 20/3/2014 09:08

Have you played a modded version? Flying horses are a right laugh.