The Coaches Voice - Michael Skubala article | Vital Football

The Coaches Voice - Michael Skubala article

Such a great article- he's building on what was already strong (defensively) but developing all areas of the pitch and new ideas. Very very early but a tingle of excitement makes me think we could have a great journey coming up

Such a great article- he's building on what was already strong (defensively) but developing all areas of the pitch and new ideas. Very very early but a tingle of excitement makes me think we could have a great journey coming up
I get the impression that basically the players are required to completely buy into the process for the systems to work collectively. It would appear to be happening.

Excellent article.

Looking back, you wonder how big that final 20 minute spell and last minute goal against Wycombe was. As a manager, you want to go in to a Club and get a buy in from the players as early as possible and it was a rocky start due to injuries but it feels like there's a complete buy in now and that's reflected in performances, not just results. We're not just in a good run of form, it's a run of form where we're playing well, too.

I suspect that we've also reversed the growing perception from Clubs who'd potentially look to loan us players. We were in danger of Kennedy's risk averse, low possession, negative style undoing the good work down the years.

I get the impression that basically the players are required to completely buy into the process for the systems to work collectively. It would appear to be happening.
I think that is the case for any head coach and their approach/style/game plan- whether it is Pep, Klopp, Warnock or Skubala. If you're a player who cannot adapt, play within 3 different game plans or formation changes in the same game then you're not going to fit at LNER.

Meet the requirements or you're not in the team because the entire concept rests on all players understanding their role and delivering it

Brilliant article, so good to have a manager that knows what he is talking about and who puts his ideas into practice.

Comforting to also know we have some bright footballers capable of buying into the system and following the instructions. Do hope Skubala has a monster sell-on clause in his contract.

I notice that he said we want to really vertical and direct when in possession. A few on here pulled me up for saying we were direct after the Stevenage game. I think the directness is more wanting to get the ball forwards as quickly as possible before the defence get settled and that's to be encouraged. It's not the old school lump it up to the big man.

Very interesting read, he clearly knows his football.

I notice that he said we want to really vertical and direct when in possession. A few on here pulled me up for saying we were direct after the Stevenage game. I think the directness is more wanting to get the ball forwards as quickly as possible before the defence get settled and that's to be encouraged. It's not the old school lump it up to the big man.

Very interesting read, he clearly knows his football.
many different ways to be vertical and direct. for instance, no passes involved, but moylan was being vertical and direct, carving through the right centre of Barnsley's midfield.

many different ways to be vertical and direct. for instance, no passes involved, but moylan was being vertical and direct, carving through the right centre of Barnsley's midfield.
...and the first goal on Saturday was very direct, 3 touches 3/4 of the pitch. Long ball Lincoln....