The Championship Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

A few weeks ago WBA and Leeds looked out of sight.

WBA faced the same test as Forest, one down to a side near the foot of the table, but failed. We won 3-1.

SL is right to say we don't deserve automatic promotion if we play like the first half v Luton, but maybe he can inspire the players to revisit the second half.

The reading game is absolutely massive for us now . Got to win this and hopefully get reinforcements in over the coming days . Marinakis wants us in the PL and this is a massive opportunity now for him to get his money out and back the manager .
Beat reading and we’re two points off automatic.
He’s got to gamble and put some real money on the table for three or four proper quality additions and we can definitely do it this season - fuck the playoffs.!!

I don't want us to start spunking money away and gamble everything this jan and I don't think we will, this a process of regenerating the squad which takes time. Think the lad from udders could be a good signing, lamouch obv knows of him and in lamouch we trust. 2-3 sensible additions is what's required and looks like we might have one lined up. Getting a mill for Robinson is also a good deal for us, as a left back he is shite going forwards and I haven't been that impressed by him, we have better options in that position imo.

I don't want us to start spunking money away and gamble everything this jan and I don't think we will, this a process of regenerating the squad which takes time. Think the lad from udders could be a good signing, lamouch obv knows of him and in lamouch we trust. 2-3 sensible additions is what's required and looks like we might have one lined up. Getting a mill for Robinson is also a good deal for us, as a left back he is shite going forwards and I haven't been that impressed by him, we have better options in that position imo.

Not talking about “ spunking money “ but paying decent money to get some proper quality in To really push for the autos . Im all for building for the future but we’ve been doing this for over 20 years and we’re still stuck down here . No this is our best chance in years , we should smash this now and really go for it .

Not talking about “ spunking money “ but paying decent money to get some proper quality in To really push for the autos . Im all for building for the future but we’ve been doing this for over 20 years and we’re still stuck down here . No this is our best chance in years , we should smash this now and really go for it .

And if we miss out and we've paid over the odds?

great results lately with the top 2 coming back to us all. I can see them, and Fulham investing tho and how long can we keep winning when in reality we are still a bit crap half the time, half of each game overall. I still feel if we fook up this trnsfer window we will regret it again

And if we miss out and we've paid over the odds?
if we miss out we sell them again, whats the problem? We are spunking away money every season out of the big league, thats literally like a billion quid over the last decade or two, theres no comparison to any losses spunked on transfers. If the club is so great raise the dam money

still, we consider payng millions for an old loanee whilst we sell a player into an established premiership side for just 1 million quid. We coudnt have got less

if we miss out we sell them again, whats the problem? We are spunking away money every season out of the big league, thats literally like a billion quid over the last decade or two, theres no comparison to any losses spunked on transfers. If the club is so great raise the dam money

Because to sign players in the winter window that you know are quality comes at a premium and I'm sceptical we can afford it.

Stick or twist...?

We are already in the prayoff positions and looking to consolidate but we also have a shot at automatic.

It’s a case of evolution not revolution as we aren’t too far away with a squad that’s more solid and functional if a little uninspiring.

The right 2-3 signings should see us over the line and may even give us a shot at automatic. We don’t need to throw stupid money at it but there is definitely the chance to really do something this window.

It's not a case of stick or twist.

It's a case of putting right what they failed with in the summer.

We needed a better, pacy wing option. I'm sure the solution was not meant to be Ameobi, but it ended up being. If we want to push on we need someone closer to what (I hope) the original vision called for.

We let go three strikers in the summer and didn't bring any permanent ones in. That is a collossal failure of transfer policy.

Bringing in at least one striker isn't "stick or twist".

Last January we signed Bonatini who couldn't even get in the team against Ansarifard and Murphy. Bonatini as a signing wouldn't look so bad at this point

God there is a small club mentality on here....too long outside the top league. Look at clubs like Bournemouth , Watford and Burnley. Can we not compete with them. We really should get 3 quality signings in. A striker and winger is an absolute must. Its a disgrace that if a Grabban gets injured we are utterly stuffed. There is a great opportunity out there let’s not die wondering!

Be gentle with me today, chaps. I had a skinful last night. Missed the West Brom result. I was out with Will and AC. Had us on a pub crawl. El vino did flow! Was blar tered., bladdered, blottoed. Don't ever come out with me, Will and AC.

Sorry payola , I did put words in your mouth not intended chap. I don't think we should pay over the odds thats all, but the right player at the right price I'm all for it

God there is a small club mentality on here....too long outside the top league. Look at clubs like Bournemouth , Watford and Burnley. Can we not compete with them. We really should get 3 quality signings in. A striker and winger is an absolute must. Its a disgrace that if a Grabban gets injured we are utterly stuffed. There is a great opportunity out there let’s not die wondering!

I guess the difference with Bournemouth and Burnley is that they have stuck with their managers for several years, they have a clear identity of how they play which they have stuck with and it has worked for them.

Compare that to our scatter gun approach over the last few years. We've gone from Warburton to Karanka to O'Neill to Lamouchi; all managers with different styles of play and who needed to sign different types of player for how they wanted to play.

To be fair, changing managers frequently has worked for Watford. But each time they have appointed a manager who can come straight in and work with the players already there. It is only now that they have turned to someone different in Nigel Pearson as they were in a desperate situation.

Be gentle with me today, chaps. I had a skinful last night. Missed the West Brom result. I was out with Will and AC. Had us on a pub crawl. El vino did flow! Was blar tered., bladdered, blottoed. Don't ever come out with me, Will and AC.

If you see three debauched drunkards in the corner, stay away! No, come over, come over...

Lol no we can't, not remotely. They're sides associated with the PL, we are a side associated with fighting relegation battles in the championship.

In terms of money, brand and the level of football that we can offer then we are light years behind.