The Championship Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

:wagging:

That Blackpool result in the second-leg was a freak result.

Maybe. The 11 away games without a win (losing 9 of them) weren't freak results though.

Neither were the Swansea results the following season when The King bottled it again.

Or the Leicester result in 2013, but at least that was just bottling getting into the play-offs rather than actually bottling in the play-offs.

Maybe. The 11 away games without a win (losing 9 of them) weren't freak results though.

Neither were the Swansea results the following season when The King bottled it again.

Or the Leicester result in 2013, but at least that was just bottling getting into the play-offs rather than actually bottling in the play-offs.

Home form must have been very good?

Swansea were lucky. We should have had a penalty, McGugan hit the bar with a free-kick and Earnie hit the post in injury-time.

Billy didn't have a full season in 2013.

Home form must have been very good?

Swansea were lucky. We should have had a penalty, McGugan hit the bar with a free-kick and Earnie hit the post in injury-time.

Billy didn't have a full season in 2013.

Home form was good, but losing 9 of the last 11 away games really cost us; truly dreadful away form where we lost to dross like Coventry, Doncaster and Barnsley.

You're talking about the second Swansea leg there. If I recall rightly we were already 2-0 down when McGugan hit the bar (which isn't bad luck either, it's just an inaccurate attempt on goal). And just imagine if The King hadn't bottled it and didn't decide to bench our two best goalscorers!

What about the first leg when we played against 10 men for 88 minutes and we barely mustered a chance? The King bottling it again.

You're right that he didn't have a full season in 12-13, but we still went into that final game knowing a win would take us to the play-offs and he bottled it yet again.

What's The King's play-off record, something like 8 play-off finishes, 1 promotion and 7 failures? Almost as if the 1 promotion was a freak.

Home form was good, but losing 9 of the last 11 away games really cost us; truly dreadful away form where we lost to dross like Coventry, Doncaster and Barnsley.

You're talking about the second Swansea leg there. If I recall rightly we were already 2-0 down when McGugan hit the bar (which isn't bad luck either, it's just an inaccurate attempt on goal). And just imagine if The King hadn't bottled it and didn't decide to bench our two best goalscorers!

What about the first leg when we played against 10 men for 88 minutes and we barely mustered a chance? The King bottling it again.

You're right that he didn't have a full season in 12-13, but we still went into that final game knowing a win would take us to the play-offs and he bottled it yet again.

What's The King's play-off record, something like 8 play-off finishes, 1 promotion and 7 failures? Almost as if the 1 promotion was a freak.

Home form was close to flawless at this time.

Earnie and Boyd started the first-leg but didn't do much, maybe why they were dropped for the second-leg. One of the players brought in is playing for a decent Premier League side now.

It can be tough playing against ten-men.

Billy only came in in February in 2013. He would have had us in the play-offs given a full season.

8 play-off finishes? :confused: More like 5.

The KING guarantees a play-off finish given a full season unlike Sabri Montanier.

Earnie and Boyd started the first-leg but didn't do much, maybe why they were dropped for the second-leg. One of the players brought in is playing for a decent Premier League side now.

Billy only came in in February in 2013. He would have had us in the play-offs given a full season.

The KING guarantees a play-off finish given a full season unlike Sabri Montanier.

And the away form was pretty disastrous and cost us an automatic spot.

Imagine going in to the second leg of a play-off which you simply have to win, leaving your best two goalscorers on the bench and then finding yourself 2-0 down after half an hour. Talk about bottling it!

Guarantees a play-off finish, but will also pretty much guarantee play-off failure and Championship football against the following season.

I know you're on the wind-up most of the time with this King stuff, but it doesn't strike me as healthy to be so infatuated with somebody who brought no tangible success to the club over two spells.

The way you bang on about BD he must have got us promoted at least twice. Remind me how many times he got Forest promoted?

He mighn't have got us over the line, but under Billy was the last time I felt proud to be a Forest supporter. He did a great job, as he did previously with Preston and the Sheep.

Sabri Montanier's men - Brice 'parry flap' Samba, Gaetan 'might as well be smoking a' Bong, Jenkinson, the useless Semedo, da Costa and dire Diakhaby.

And the away form was pretty disastrous and cost us an automatic spot.

Imagine going in to the second leg of a play-off which you simply have to win, leaving your best two goalscorers on the bench and then finding yourself 2-0 down after half an hour. Talk about bottling it!

Guarantees a play-off finish, but will also pretty much guarantee play-off failure and Championship football against the following season.

I know you're on the wind-up most of the time with this King stuff, but it doesn't strike me as healthy to be so infatuated with somebody who brought no tangible success to the club over two spells.

He brought no tangible success to the club as well as tangible damage to the club, but for many supporters, some of whom are even old enough to drink, he is the greatest man that this club has been associated with in their lifetimes.

He brought no tangible success to the club as well as tangible damage to the club, but for many supporters, some of whom are even old enough to drink, he is the greatest man that this club has been associated with in their lifetimes.

It's sad that a certain minority across Forest forums and Twitter cannot allow themselves to enjoy the best season we have had in a long time. After years of steady, constant decline and reaching a point where we were just a couple of goals away from a return to League 1, people can't be happy that we sit here with 4 games to go and a realistic chance of reaching the play-offs.

I tend to think that it's not possible, but I wonder if some would actually prefer that we never get promoted so they can keep banging their Billy Davies drum. It's incredible that their loyalties seem to lie with a manager who basically did fuck all over two spells here.

Weird.

It's sad that a certain minority across Forest forums and Twitter cannot allow themselves to enjoy the best season we have had in a long time. After years of steady, constant decline and reaching a point where we were just a couple of goals away from a return to League 1, people can't be happy that we sit here with 4 games to go and a realistic chance of reaching the play-offs.

I tend to think that it's not possible, but I wonder if some would actually prefer that we never get promoted so they can keep banging their Billy Davies drum. It's incredible that their loyalties seem to lie with a manager who basically did fuck all over two spells here.

Weird.
And he hasn't even fkin gone away, the twat. Still damaging to this day.

In the interests of maths, the season is not finished for sabz. If he gets us in the play offs his record will be 100% and obviously the same again if we were to win said play offs.