The Cabin Boy speaks | Vital Football

The Cabin Boy speaks

"I have always said that any good football club should always be looking for opportunities to change, invest in itself, develop, and learn new things, and that’s precisely what Mark’s arrival has heralded – as well as a financial investment that has involved him taking a share of the Club. "

Change by removing Smiffs and Webbers.
Financial investment from Tom. Zero. In fact a minus as he does not pay for tickets travel and food / drink.

"So quite a number of our team here have already been out to Milwaukee to meet with their counterparts, "

I wonder how many ST 's had to be sold to fund those jollies.

Last edited:
The silent one has said nothing while we slide downhill as a club . He watches while fans all go home on 85 minutes because they can’t bear to see a win that takes us nearer to the Prem . He sat asleep in silence while we were humiliated in the Prem last season and now claims he loves the club . If he does then he should sell up and take his ancient aunt and uncle with him and allow the new investment to come in completely

Why is he here? What does he actually do? The guy was a photographer and had his on shop at one point and was also a civil servant (accountant). He is just a nothing at the club.

I mean he says

'I have always said that my involvement in Norwich City has only ever really been for two reasons. The first is to do whatever I can to support Delia and Michael, who have been such wonderful custodians of this football club and who are obviously people who are very dear to me.'

So how can you support them in the business sense? You've no money to invest. It doesn't seem you have lots and lots of football and business knowledge. So is it thay he supports them by waking them up during a game. He supports them up and down the stairs.....if so does he need to have top position at the club?

'And the second is that I absolutely adore this football club and I want to do anything I can to help it grow and develop. They are my only two motivations in my role here and will continue to be so.'

So how are you going to do that then? I've not seen one thing you've done to help it grow and develop.

What a load of drivel

And the speak easy is justification for what?
Has done nothing and said nothing to impress.
We all love our families too and do whatever we can to support them.
We dont get a football club handed to us on a plate. Mmmm, well I suppose Delias used to handing over plate fulls of things.
Justification to love the football club - he's just one of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands ( not sure if I can go to millions as we're a self funded club and we shudder at those extra large numbers) that love this football club, die hards to the core who spend their hard earned readies supporting the team whilst you travel and sit in your box for free courtesy of auntie.
Woyld you pay for yourself to travel half around the world and buy tickets for City. I did every year for a few years. Supports easy whennits handed to you on a plate.

Totally agree Steve.

QPR away is a case in point on how tough it is for paying supporters, so note this sleepy time Tom.

Yesterday our group got tickets for the away game at flat pack.
I was then left in charge to get the train tickets.
We like a tour of pubs beforehand so will be leaving late morning but only feasible train to return on is the 11.30 pm which due to coach replacement service from Binnerland gets into Norwich at 2.25 am on Thursday.
I will get home to bed at 3.00 am and have to get up for work at 6 am.
Anglia Train costs each for this inconvenience is £ 72.00 return.

I wonder how Cabin Boy is getting there and back but very much doubt I will see him on the 11.30 train / coach back to Norwich.

Thats great support DG , and our useless team don’t deserve that level of support. In my 43 years as an exile I spent a fortune on aways AND homes , including spending over £5000 in the League One season to support the team all over the country. At least the team put an effort in that season unlike the last two seasons .

We will have a great day out and I will meet up with Miss DG Junior
in London so looking forward to it and expectation of match is low
BUT it would be nice if team put in the same effort as the fans.
This could start with DW dropping Mc crap and No Idea.