The Burnley v Aston Villa Official Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Burnley v Aston Villa Official Thread

Can the FA retrospectively ban Mee for the reckless tackle on Wesley. I'm amazed he got away with it. Apparently he broke Gomez's leg in a similar fashion.

Could have cost us the game. Only had to square it and Trez had a tap in to make it 3-0.

I blame him for my stress in the last 10 minutes.

I blame Wesley for the stress of the first half of the season. Koj is not a problem as he won't be playing and if he does he's no worse than Wesley has been for 20 games

Can the FA retrospectively ban Mee for the reckless tackle on Wesley. I'm amazed he got away with it. Apparently he broke Gomez's leg in a similar fashion.

Someone put up a picture of the Gomez challenge next to the Wesley one. Almost identical. Scissor tackle both times. The guy is a disgrace.

Like many when Wesley went down I was thinking get up you big Fanny, we've seen him like that numerous times this season. When he's been beaten to the ball and want to whinge.
Never thought anything of it at the time and now after the game and 300 replays, it's suddenly a life-threatening tackle.
It wasn't even given as a foul never mind a card, it's just unfortunate, I'm pretty sure if the bell end on VAR had a chance to noble someone with a sending off he would have done.
He'd already been a smart arse spotting Wesley was offside why would he pass up a chance of sending off a Burnely player to even it up

Yes. To be fair it happened right in front of us and there was no real reaction from the Villa fans to the tackle.

It got a bit tasty when their fans booed Wesley off though.

Yes. To be fair it happened right in front of us and there was no real reaction from the Villa fans to the tackle.

Exactly the same on TV Sir Den nobody even thought it was a foul.
Things get blown up out of all proportion

Neanderthals. Most home fans will boo an opponent when they go down if they think they're milking it, but to continue to boo when the bloke is being stretchered off is just disgusting.

Exactly the same on TV Sir Den nobody even thought it was a foul.
Things get blown up out of all proportion
Count me out of that reaction 57. I jumped up immediately and shouted "You dirty (Insert Fear-banned word here) Mee!" I saw the Gomez tackle live and as soon as the ball got played down the channel for Wes I knew he'd take the opportunity to clatter him. It was two-footed, with studs up. Intended to injure while "getting the ball." He knew exactly what he was doing.

Mee did Kodjia as well not long after he came on. Went up for a header together and he craftily managed to ram his knee into Kodjias ribs. An old tactic, that I thought had been stamped out

I think Martin Keown got it right the other day when on MOTD with Ian Wright.
He claimed the camera's being used were not advanced enough to help make the decisions they're being asked to.
They're not high definition enough, nor do they have enough frames per minute.
All of these offside decisions are being made from an angle, which funnily enough does make a difference.
The idea of VAR is an excellent one but, in reality it is ruining the game of football as we know it.
Rugby have a similar system but, their decisions are rendered within 30 seconds.

The offside rule isn't there to prevent strikers being level, or at least level to the naked eye at the time the ball is played. Absolute joke. VAR should be used to overturn or correct terrible refereeing decisions like the goal disallowed at Palace, not to overturn perfectly fine goals.

He claimed the camera's being used were not advanced enough to help make the decisions they're being asked to.
All of these offside decisions are being made from an angle, which funnily enough does make a difference.
The idea of VAR is an excellent one but, in reality it is ruining the game of football as we know it.
Rugby have a similar system but, their decisions are rendered within 30 seconds.

I've been saying it on here for a while. I also work in the camera industry.

... or too high definition. One could argue that if the camera shows a depth of at least 2 pixels which are offside then it's offside, in which case a lower definition would be useful to introduce a fuzz factor.

... or too high definition. One could argue that if the camera shows a depth of at least 2 pixels which are offside then it's offside, in which case a lower definition would be useful to introduce a fuzz factor.

There should be a clear gap between the lines.

Just watching the highlights of the goals again, both goals we have 4 players in the box and a couple in the final third. Luiz and Marv are also on the ball and playing it 20 yards from the opposition goal, not 20 yards from Heaton.

We only get large numbers of bodies in the box when we have set pieces, this is a massive improvement since the shit I saw at Watford.

Not sure if this is just luck, but we need the confidence to get players higher up and in the box, and play higher up sometimes.

Just watching the highlights of the goals again, both goals we have 4 players in the box and a couple in the final third. Luiz and Marv are also on the ball and playing it 20 yards from the opposition goal, not 20 yards from Heaton.

We only get large numbers of bodies in the box when we have set pieces, this is a massive improvement since the shit I saw at Watford.

Not sure if this is just luck, but we need the confidence to get players higher up and in the box, and play higher up sometimes.

We were so much more compact yesterday. The distances between the players were a lot less.