The Boubacar Kamara Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Boubacar Kamara Thread

He's gotten plenty of criticism for individual mistakes when justified as far as I've seen but his overall contribution to the team seems pretty clear. He's still very young for his position and I think his "ceiling" his sky high.
Defensively he can only get better, its one set of skills that gets heavily reinforced with experience because you get better at reading the game the more you play.

He generally does OK with the odd mistake in games but when he has a bad game it really is a stinker where almost everything he does goes wrong and he looks half-arsed and uninterested.

He's a talented player who lacks consistency but he's not alone in our midfield with this problem either.

Hasn’t he and his partner just had a baby?
Can affect sleep patterns, etc.

No excuses but could be a reason.

I see he’s the new scapegoat 🙄
Haha he was piss-poor the other night no two ways about it. The first 20 minutes were the worst 20 minutes I've ever seen him play. I think he suffers almost as badly as Bailey does for giving a consistent 90 minutes 3 times a week.

At the same time he is also absolutely essential to the first XI and he has to play well for us to play well. Losing Konsa meant he had to be the one to drop in the backline and form the back 3. We missed his battling in midfield and he missed having calm players beside him and options in front of him.

Oh. Is it not Matty Cash anymore then ?
Cash isn’t a scapegoat he just isn’t good enough but he isn’t the reason we lost nor is Kamara. People are rightly commenting the players were poor.

If Konsa plays we probably win. Losing Konsa resulted in an adjustment of tactics. Moving our most defensive mid into the backline and pushing our RB into midfield. McGinn and Tielemens rotate dropping into thr MF place Kamara vacates. Bailey moves in side and Cash pushes on thr provide width.

The style didn’t change but how the players play within the style is affected.

Last edited: