The Bolton (H) Thread | Vital Football

The Bolton (H) Thread

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Saturday 13th April sees Derby County entertain basket case club in crisis Bolton Wanderers.

I really feel for the Trotters fans - they are not the ones who made the crazy financial decisions that have ultimately led to this.

The future of the club is on a knife-edge ... and this news just in .....

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson fires wage warning to club

So you would think morale will be low and backbone will be jelly-like if they run into a 100% fired up Derby side.

Bolton's last 6 away games look like this (or if you are in your teens Boltons last 6 away games be like..)

Sheff Utd LOST 0-2
Birmingham WON 1-0
Leeds LOST 1-2
Swansea LOST 0-2
Wigan LOST 2-5
QPR WON 2-1

A couple of victories in there but only one clean sheet.

So fresh from my totally incorrect Blackburn prediction I am saying this will be more difficult than at first glance and a nervy, edgy 1-0 win for the Rams!

Cropped

Given that the playoffs ARE still a possibility.. and despite the last defeat there will be many a twist and turn... I would be astounded if in the first 15 minutes Bolton were not battered senseless (in a good footballing way). If the side are not 100% fired up then Lampard must come under pressure. Fair comment folks?

After the Blackburn shambles some trigger happy chairmen would have administered the coup de grace without a second thought!! Fortunately for Frank, Mel has made so many crap manager appointments that he will, quite rightly, be given some leeway. Whether or not he chooses to move on himself is another matter!!!!!

I'm with rA 4-1 €5 free bet from Unibet on this in a treble of Derby to win, 4-1 and both teams to score at 22/1 - €115 payout if I'm right. 2nd €5 free bet from them.... this weekend, Spurs, ManU, ManC, Arsenal, Derby, Birmingham, Sheff and Stoke all to win. If I'm right it pays out €287.71

If they come in MadAmster, I am the miserable bald chap at the bar of the Brunswick with an inch of mild left in me pint pot!

I will be closer to the city of which my screen name is an anagram than Derby on Saturday, cropped. Your description would mean I'd only have to decide which of the 12 men fitting the description is you ;)

Cropped: he lives in Dreammast, a small village near Duckmanton where the consumption of mild has been banned for over 5 years following allegations of inclusion of human flesh in Ashover Breweries' Cable Mild. So dpn't expect any freebies from that direction

OK.. if not mild then 500 ml of De Molen please.

Bald and er... now quite stocky. That's a literal description, not just because I'm from Stockport.

And Ramjet... Ashover Brewery is a new one on me. I must continue my education in these matters.

Including 13.6% stouts by the look of your avatar.

4-0. Easy peasy. Could/should have been more. Their keeper made a handful of great stops but will be kicking himself for Bryson's near post opener and going to ground way too early for our 2nd from Mount. 20 shots, 9 on target plus half a dozen or more on target shots that were blocked, mainly by Wheater.

Well, goal difference now up at +9, and realistically given Villa's form I think there is Brizzel, Boro and Derby now going for that 6th place. So 3 into 1? And Goal difference for the three is now +9, +8 and +9.... that Bristol City v Derby County fixture on Saturday 27th could be THE crunch match. I'd say Bristol City have the edge but only just. Too optimistically naive?

4-0 against a total shambles tells us very little!! Brum, Swansea, West Brom and Brizzle will be a little different!! 3 wins in our last 11 doesn't point to the consistency levels necessary when we need 4 wins from our remaining fixtures with only QPR from the depths of the division. Boro have a relatively easy run-in so don't hold your breath!!

Point is Mac, we actually did what we normally fail to do, put a poor side to the sword. Making top 6 won't be easy but it's not impossible either. Just enjoy the ride.

I’m with mac...it’s easier to ‘enjoy the ride’ when you know those you support are going to show the required commitment MA.
The only one of the poorer bottom clubs we’ve come unstuck against at home are Millwall...it’s when we’ve had to travel to the likes of them, Bolton, Rotherham and Ipswich - when you have to show a bit of ‘bottle’ - that we’ve been wanting.
Having said that, I’d love Rotherham to stay up at Millwall’s expense...can’t quite see it happening though.

Excuse me, 'enjoy the ride', this is DCFC since when has enjoyment been part of the equation??!! Having one's hopes raised, only to suffer our usual fate of another season when that promise turns to a series of loud sighs followed by a close season of mystery and intrigue, now that is supporting the Rams!!
Still Tiger Woods won, so disaster, despair, pain and not a little intrigue can be followed by joy!! I suppose one has to keep that hope alive so I will go along with the ride (not that it's enjoyable) in the knowledge that there is always next season!!

Let's put it this way. With the odd exception like Blackburn away and a couple of other bad days at the office, we have been treated to some good football this season as opposed to the footbore we had to endure last season under Rowett. Draws and even some losses have been good to watch.

Let's put it this way. With the odd exception like Blackburn away and a couple of other bad days at the office, we have been treated to some good football this season as opposed to the footbore we had to endure last season under Rowett. Draws and even some losses have been good to watch.

...and yet last season we scored more goals, had a better goal difference, weren’t reliant on loanees, made the top six and owned our own £11m striker, not to mention our stadium.
I know I’m playing devil’s advocate a little ‘Amster and your optimism is to be applauded but there have been some dire performances this season...the ‘standouts’ probably being, Leeds twice, Blades away, Millwall home and away, Bolton, Rotherham, Ipswich, Stoke and Blackburn away...more than the ‘odd exception’ I’d say.

Are we actually any further forward? I’m really not sure.

.....there have been some dire performances this season...the ‘standouts’ probably being, Leeds twice, Blades away, Millwall home and away, Bolton, Rotherham, Ipswich, Stoke and Blackburn away...more than the ‘odd exception’ I’d say.

Some, yes but nowhere near as many as last season. Even wins were awful games in many cases. That is the difference.

Add in the use of God knows how many Academy lads this season (6 or 7 off the top of my head, not always getting on the park but involved in 1st team match days).

We will lose 3 good loans for next season but we do have a few young uns of our own we can use and bring on and FL (if still here and I think he will be) will also bring in some experience as well over the summer. Shimmie is possibly the first either to replace Bryson in MF or to play left back.

Talking left backs, Olsson played for the U23s last night. His first run out following his very long absence with injury.

Latest Rams News