The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

Dermot Gallagher is an embarrassment to refereeing. A former league linesman (l k

Agree Tom but that boat has sailed. Bowen and Maupay would have worked well together. El Ghazi,Trez and Jota just don't offer enough. In a bar near Albufeira, amazing number of Villa fans, went wild when Targett scored. Doubting Thomases who question the need for a bigger Villa Park need to get out more.

I thought we looked a lot more attacking when Trez came on. Anwar had one of those games to forget

Grealish on the scoresheet 2x games on the bounce too.

I must say I am looking forward to the citeh and dippers games- both written off already of course but a nice relief from the "must win" VP pressure games against regular sides.

We'll expect nothing from them, but also the kind of games where we sometimes can pull off of a surprise result.

Might as well go and enjoy them, the players certainly should, why else do they want to be in the Premier League?

Dermot Gallagher is an embarrassment to refereeing. A former league linesman (l k

Agree Tom but that boat has sailed. Bowen and Maupay would have worked well together. El Ghazi,Trez and Jota just don't offer enough. In a bar near Albufeira, amazing number of Villa fans, went wild when Targett scored. Doubting Thomases who question the need for a bigger Villa Park need to get out more.

Yeah we get everywhere don't we? Was in San Francisco's Height Asbury a couple of years a go. Villa were playing Middlesborough and it was about 2pm local time and a Wednesday. Walked into the only bar in the district showing soccer and there was a fellow Villan in there to watch the game

Aarrrrrrggggghhhhh........Aston Villa football club ......whyyyyyyyy!

That was a tough watch in every sense.

I need my dinner. Be back in a bit.

It's never easy with the Villa and at times they do my head in but you can't beat the feeling a win gives you.

Oh and fuck off Var. What an absolute shambles it has been all over the Premier League today and affected us again today.

Oh well, just Man City and Liverpool up next!

This. A fair few off games today and I thought at times BHA looked very decent. Not seen replays of the disallowed goal but have been told that was harsh. But also that the two yellow card sending off was as well?

Really disappointed at our performance, it was very disjointed at times BUT WOOOHHOOOO, totally delighted with the 3 points. We've played well and lost, so playing such an average way and winning will do just fine, the points are the same on the league table!

I’m convinced there is some sort of refereeing conspiracy against us. Just utterly atrocious yet again - VAR only supposed to be used to clear and obvious errors but somehow judged Wesley to have clearly fouled the keeper... bull shit if you ask me.
When Grealish scored I didn’t celebrate, didn’t even clap or get out of my seat.. this is what these VAR twats want the game to become

As for the performance of the team, to be fair full credit for them because they kept going - but apart from Grealish they lacked quality going forwards. Wesley and El Ghazi had games to forget. Shame for Wesley because following on from the last game away it would have been the perfect time to carry on and show his worth to the VP faithful but instead he played in line with all of the previous criticisms thrown at him

As poor today as we have been for a long time and we can thank our lucky stars that they went down to ten men or else I am sure we would have been well beaten.

Not much else I have to say except Super Jack was the best player on the pitch by a mile and having been pro VAR coming in I it should now be scrapped because if a premier league ref with the help of a replay gives a foul for Conor's goal then that is very worrying and if it is being run by people not fit for purpose then it is bound to fail.

Doubting Thomases who question the need for a bigger Villa Park need to get out more.

Massive club, massive potential, but also all depends on staying up and building. Yes, we could be huge, the areas around from Birmingham up to towards Manchester. Down towards London, sideways etc is huge for a big club.

But I would point out that all rests on PL because there were plenty of fickle, more plastic types, who stayed away when the club needed the support in the Championship. We were well supported by the ever faithful, the rest need a bigger reason and just aiming to be top ten won't keep them, winning things though and goodness me, we could easily be as big as any club in the league, bigger than most.

This. A fair few off games today and I thought at times BHA looked very decent. Not seen replays of the disallowed goal but have been told that was harsh. But also that the two yellow card sending off was as well?

No way was the red card harsh. He got booked for blocking our free kick and then running away with the ball as we were about to take it and then his second booking was a poor foul on Grealish outside the box. About fucking time referees book players for scything him down at every opportunity

I’m convinced there is some sort of refereeing conspiracy against us. Just utterly atrocious yet again - VAR only supposed to be used to clear and obvious errors but somehow judged Wesley to have clearly fouled the keeper... bull shit if you ask me.

Poor refereeing, yes. Conspiracy? No, 3 players on the opposition teams have been sent off remember.

You can't beat the ecstasy of a last minute winner , and I fail to understand people leaving early just to get 5 minutes start in the traffic.

They don't know what they missed.

Massive club, massive potential, but also all depends on staying up and building. Yes, we could be huge, the areas around from Birmingham up to towards Manchester. Down towards London, sideways etc is huge for a big club.

But I would point out that all rests on PL because there were plenty of fickle, more plastic types, who stayed away when the club needed the support in the Championship. We were well supported by the ever faithful, the rest need a bigger reason and just aiming to be top ten won't keep them, winning things though and goodness me, we could easily be as big as any club in the league, bigger than most.
I agree what you’re saying but our ever faithful is a lot larger than most of the clubs ever faithful. Our away support last season was ridiculously good as was our home support. As the gaffer says a lot of people are brought into the connection and I suspect that will continue regardless of our fickle supporters in the past. This is a completely different beast

I suspect if we were relegated we would sell out most weeks

Unfortunately, fans are fickle. Gooners moaning that they didn't win anything, Citeh fans not fussed to sell out at a Wembley final. Some fans will always want more no matter the relative success of the team.

Poor refereeing, yes. Conspiracy? No, 3 players on the opposition teams have been sent off remember.

Ok maybe not a specific conspiracy but I really think there is something untoward going on. How do they keep coming to these ridiculous decisions even with the benefit of the technology. I still can’t get over that Grealish “dive” incident against Palace or the handball against Arsenal.. yet the goal today gets cancelled because the keeper flaps it? There’s other nonsense decisions for other teams too. Seems like half the time they just make it up at the time depending on whether they want to help one team or the other. I guess the controversy makes for better TV for the Chinese and American audiences

In fairness to VAR you don't actually have to look far to see most clubs fans moaning about how pathetic the use of the system is in terms of clear and obvious and scrubbing off otherwise fair goals.

It's not just us - 9/10 games (it seems to me) now has 1/2 key VAR incidents that are genuinely wrong.

Really disappointed at our performance, it was very disjointed at times BUT WOOOHHOOOO, totally delighted with the 3 points. We've played well and lost, so playing such an average way and winning will do just fine, the points are the same on the league table!

Hourihane's tackle for the free kick was a fair one yet didn't get reviewed when they scored from the resultant kick.