The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

Targett is still head and shoulders over Taylor but his quality on the ball all game has been 3rd division standard.

Taylor probably wont be in that position let alone have scored it so I endorse this comment and the sentiments of it. Right before the goal great timing sir!

Can practically see "fook me I've been shit all game but I've scored the last minute winner" written all over Targett's face at FT lol

Epic, epic game by Grealish - he obviously knew Southgate was watching ;)

Brighton down to ten men again for us but that's not the numbers game that counts here. The reality is that we're starting every game with nine men with Wesley and Ghazi in the side.

I've been patient with Wesley but my finger is now hovering over the button - the red one, not the green one. He can't score a couple of goals then decide he doesn't need to bother for the next game, this is PL football ffs. I sense a long-term injury en route for him ......

McGinn and Grealish are both having to do far too much fetching and carrying with Ghazi in the side, for God's sake DS replace him permanently with Trez who always puts a shift in.

We left it late. But ... the fact that they only scored one was due to the defence generally being good. And we always have goals in us, even (especially) right at the end. Maybe should have been 2-1 up at half time. We had 8 shots on target to their 5.

11th. Better and better. Now to wallop Pep.

Brighton down to ten men again for us but that's not the numbers game that counts here. The reality is that we're starting every game with nine men with Wesley and Ghazi in the side.

McGinn and Grealish are both having to do far too much fetching and carrying with Ghazi in the side, for God's sake DS replace him permanently with Trez who always puts a shift in.

I am compelled to agree I shudder to think what happens if McGinn or Grealish get injured because the other will be on their own, individually they drag the team forward.

I don't know what Dean is telling El Ghazi but he was incredibly central when I thought we needed him outwide to stretch the game. Wesley is just questions marks all round, what does he do - he has scored goals but in a team like ours he has to do more. Wesley isnt going to make a chance like Davis near the end despite being of equal size or larger.