The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

Seems I have returned home from work to a parallel universe where Neil Maupay is actually Pele and people are bricking themselves playing against him. And Brighton are Brazil 1970. Fcuk-em they will be more worried about us !

This obsession with not signing Neal Maupay is bizarre . I will respectfully suggest a head wobble.

Evening everyone :tophat:

Seems I have returned home from work to a parallel universe where Neil Maupay is actually Pele and people are bricking themselves playing against him. And Brighton are Brazil 1970. Fcuk-em they will be more worried about us !

This obsession with not signing Neal Maupay is bizarre . I will respectfully suggest a head wobble.

I fully agree. There were rumours in the papers but no confirmation that we were ever actually in for him. If we really wanted him, he'd be playing in glorious claret and blue.

We're at home, full stadium with an evolving team. Dean Smith has said that players are getting his systems and players like Targett and Nakamba have become first choice.

No reason for us not to be positive. Expecting a victory by a couple of goals. Hopefully a clean sheet as well.

I knew any talk of Maupay coming up to this game would set you off :lol:

I'll be more than happy when your on here slagging any Maupay fans after he's subbed on 60 mins after doing fuck all with us leading 6-0.

Momentum is with us. The players are gelling and improving.
Brighton won't be able to live with us. Could be another big win, equally I'd take a scrappy 1-0 .
COYVB's

Connolly is the threat for them up top I think. Made us work hard in the League Cup fixture when he was surrounded by other kids and showed his nous against Spurs too. The boy is talented and needs to be marshalled by Mings and co.

You would have to hand in your badge and gun and go maverick. The most creative version of this fairly common theme is when Seagal put his in the urinal and pissed on them

I would also need a tough as nails black police captain 'effin and blindin' at me the whole time. "Where da fuck you been Hawkings??!" etc.

Potter is doing a brilliant job, they've made some great attacking signings and built on an already brilliant defence. That said, I still see them as one of five or six teams we should be looking at getting ahead of before the relegation battle talk begins in February/March.

I totally wrote them off at the start of the season and it it certainly looks like there could be worse teams in the league. I think the 3-0 against Spurs says much more about Spurs than Brighton considering the circumstances of the first goal and Spurs capitulation vs. Bayern as well as their poor show against Newcastle and 70 odd minutes vs. us.

Being at home I'd fancy us to boss this game and we've already played against a Potter team in Swansea so Deano will have an idea of what his gameplan is. I won't make the same mistake I did when I expected us to beat Palace but it is the type of game we need to be winning.

Brighton are far from an established EPL side.

I fully agree. There were rumours in the papers but no confirmation that we were ever actually in for him. If we really wanted him, he'd be playing in glorious claret and blue.

Not sure thats true I watched the press conference mentioned below, I fully interpret this as a clear sign we wanted him but didnt agree with the figure.

- Villa manager Smith has said that he wanted to sign the French attacker he worked with at Brentford, but the price-tag stopped him from doing so.

Smith told The Birmingham Mail about Maupay: “Maupay, for instance, I personally thought at that time was a little bit too much.

“I love him as a player but the numbers that were getting talked about for me were too much.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/31/aston-villa-boss-dean-smith-comments-on-neal-maupay/

There was also the fact that Maupay basically whored himself to us in an interview after Smith left Brentford saying he'd jump at the chance to follow Smith.

But it's all water under the bridge now, he's done alright for Brighton so far, but we don't need him, we seem to have enough goals throughout the side so hopefully the need for another striker won't rear it's head again this season.

I totally wrote them off at the start of the season and it it certainly looks like there could be worse teams in the league. I think the 3-0 against Spurs says much more about Spurs than Brighton considering the circumstances of the first goal and Spurs capitulation vs. Bayern as well as their poor show against Newcastle and 70 odd minutes vs. us.

Being at home I'd fancy us to boss this game and we've already played against a Potter team in Swansea so Deano will have an idea of what his gameplan is. I won't make the same mistake I did when I expected us to beat Palace but it is the type of game we need to be winning.

Brighton are far from an established EPL side.

Not sure thats true I watched the press conference mentioned below, I fully interpret this as a clear sign we wanted him but didnt agree with the figure.

- Villa manager Smith has said that he wanted to sign the French attacker he worked with at Brentford, but the price-tag stopped him from doing so.

Smith told The Birmingham Mail about Maupay: “Maupay, for instance, I personally thought at that time was a little bit too much.

“I love him as a player but the numbers that were getting talked about for me were too much.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/31/aston-villa-boss-dean-smith-comments-on-neal-maupay/

He went to Brighton for €22m which is around the same as what we paid for Wes. I guess Deano was looking at him as back up rather than as a rival to Wes.

Dean wanted Maupay but not at that price, he said he didn't think he was worth that much yet.
I like the fact he is thinking of the finances, unlike certain managers who collect players for the sake of it.
I've no doubt had he said to the powers that be buy him thay would have done and he'd have chosen us over Brighton as would 90% of players

This is nothing to do with Brighton so I appologise Mr Fear.
Does anyone on here know when the Wolves tickets go on sale.

Sorry

Sorry sirdennis I was not specific enough. The cup game on the 29th
I would think probably about 10 to 12 days as they are free to all season ticket holders and then will go out to club members. If the Wolves get an allocation of 6000 I cannot see them going on general sale