The Cricket Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Well thats the NZ tour done with a bit of a strange T20 blast on Tuesday where NZ managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, well done England. Brendan McCullum has now joined up with Warks to play in the last seven T20 games.

Phew!..... that was a bit close for comfort.

The Bears 137-8 off their 20 overs

Lancs. 136-8 off their 20 overs.

So The Bears won by 1 run. There was a run out on the last ball of the Lancs. innings, that's how close it was. Come on you Bears!...

It was a hard day in the field for The Bears on the opening day of their Championship match versus Sussex at Edgbaston yesterday.

Sussex won the toss and decided to bat. They finished on 280-3 at close of play. Any chance of a Bears win has been lost I feel already. Hopefully we can hold onto their shirt tails and hold on for a draw..... gulp!

Even bigger gulp! Talk about Bear baiting!

Sussex 601-6 Dec - Bears 62-3!

Two poor days in the field. Ok, still without Woakes plus Barker now so the bowling is weakened but ffs!

Day 3 faired better for the Bears. Looks very much like a draw.

The Bears finished 367-5 at the close of play on day 3.

Pride of Lions - 1/7/2015 12:40

Day 3 faired better for the Bears. Looks very much like a draw.

The Bears finished 367-5 at the close of play on day 3.

Well, that finished up tidy today.

The Bears 612-6 dec in reply to Sussex's 601-6 dec.

Match drawn.

Looks like it was the flattest pitch ever. . Attiq javed must be happy. Over 1200 runs scored in the game and he got 0.

sirdennis - 2/7/2015 00:41

Looks like it was the flattest pitch ever. . Attiq javed must be happy. Over 1200 runs scored in the game and he got 0.

Lol...... at least he could put his feet up for a couple of days........

:139:

Ok, so the next match for the Bears is a T20, being played tonight (3rd July) at Edgbaston v Derbyshire. Then we're off to Grace Road, Leicester tomorrow for another T20.

Then, on Sunday, we're back to Edgbaston to start a County Championship match against Yorkshire. So it's all go for the Bears atm.

Yes and then next week the Ashes start. Really looking forward to it. I just hope that England turn up.

McCullum is on fire for the Bears T20, he's just got to 150no off exactly 60 balls, strike rate of 250.00...wow!

Kojak - 4/7/2015 02:37

McCullum is on fire for the Bears T20, he's just got to 150no off exactly 60 balls, strike rate of 250.00...wow!

Yeah, that was amazing! He finished on 158 off 64 balls! That is the highest T20 Blast score, beating Luke Wright's 153 made last season.

Actually, it's the second best ever T20 score. Chris Gayle holds that record with his 175 in the Indian Premier League.

Oh, and just for the record, The Bears won by 60 runs.

The Bears 242-2 off their 20 overs.

Derbyshire 182 all out off 19.4 overs.

The Bears are already back in action. 160 in their 20 overs. McCullum made a paltry 6. Think we should now move him on. :17:

astonion - 4/7/2015 23:43

The Bears are already back in action. 160 in their 20 overs. McCullum made a paltry 6. Think we should now move him on. :17:

Update.

Leicestershire 134-3 off 18 overs. Need 27 off 12 balls.

Home with a few runs to spare. A good knock by Leics man Cosgrove 74 off 56 balls, but once he went Bears see it out. Young Evans for Warks making a name for himself, double hundred the other day and well involved today. As much as I love my football I do enjoy my cricket in the summer.

Rain stop play at Edgbaston. Currently Yorkshire are 184-7. Bairstow is the only one putting up any real resistance, he's on 94 not out.

Wonder if we'll get any more play today?

Well we did get some more play and Bairstow went on to comlete his century before Yorkshire were all out for 213.

The Bears didn't fair much better. Chopra out first ball of the innings, Wright comes in as night-watchman and is out second ball, leaving us 11-2 at close.

Hopefully we can do better with the bat on day 2.