the Academy (2 extra pitches at ROKO) | Page 3 | Vital Football

the Academy (2 extra pitches at ROKO)

Was not convinced that we would get the £250,000 wanted... still think it will be a tall order but we are not going to get too far away!

If the current increase in money raised carries on then £200,000 should be reach, and WHAT an effort that would be!

:1: :1: :1: :1:

Portsmouth FC @officialpompey · 1m
We're just £294 away from £198k now... A big few hours for the #PompeyAcademy https://www.tifosy.com/campaigns/pompey-academy …

Front page article

The appeal that was launched to raise a massive £250,000 to enable two pitches to be added to the new training HQ at Hilsea for the sole use of the Academy has almost reached the target. As I write the figure has just passed £213,000!

This is an incredible effort by everybody concerned but most of all by YOU the fans. Believe me this has been a wonderful week for Pompey beginning with the accolades that have surrounded the launch of the new kit (I even had a Southampton fan approach me the other day and say it was a fantastic gesture of remembrance). That kit incidentally has almost sold out and Sondico are desperately trying to get hold of more stock before the season starts.

Add to that the very positive fans forum on Monday night and now news that the appeal is almost there! The other night I saw fans in a local pub placing fivers and more in the collection bucket and of course those have yet to be added to the total. Plus I have just heard that OneCom are to pour more money into the club by sponsoring the Milton End stand for two seasons. Can this really be Portsmouth Football Club?

So what is still available for you to buy if you do not want to make a straight cash donation?

• A Gourmet meal with Johnny Ertl served at your home – current bid £600
• A signed 2003/04 replica away shirt signed by Matthew Taylor – current bid £190
• A 2000 replica home shirt signed by first team a snip at just £150
• Your name in the first home programme just £15 or public recognition on Twitter for £20.

The list goes on and the club have just said to fans on the official site’ If there are any rewards you are particularly keen to see before the end of the campaign, email portsmouth@tifosy.com with your idea and what you would be willing to pay and we will see if we can make it happen for you.’

What more can you ask for? How about a night out with Johnny Moore? (sorry John!) Give it a try you might just be lucky.

Now as I finish writing this article just ten minutes later the figure is £213,420 – amazing!!

Well, I cannot quite believe how incredible this club and the supporters have been again!

That £250,00 has ONLY been raised...

Quite astonishing. I thought we'd not get close! Phenomenal effort from those involved and what an excellent result for the club. We've done more in the last year than our rich owners did in the last 12!

The appeal that was launched to raise a massive £250,000 for Academy pitches is almost there...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?545096">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

The unbelievable has happened and Pompey have reached their £250k target with time to spare...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?545155">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

As Dave said front page...

<i>At 23:20 last night the clock on the Tifosy website clicked past £250,000!! And that with two days to spare.

The money which will be used to provide two full sized pitches for the Academy at Pompey's new Hilsea training base has been raised by fans donations and the efforts over the last few days have been amazing.

I would estimate that the eventual sum will now reach near to £300,000 with collection buckets around the area still to be counted and other pledges still to be made.

The additional money will no doubt be put to good use and I would imagine that the fans will have a say in that outcome.

This has been a great week to be a Pompey fan with the reaction around the football world to the 'Pompey Pals' home shirt and now this.

Pompey fans should be PROUD of their club after what WE have been through. OUR name is now cleaned of what has gone before and we can hold our heads high in the football community.

Three points later today would be the icing on the cake but let us just enjoy this moment and remember our great club and look forward to the times ahead supporting Pompey!

<b>PUP</b></i>

PompeyJake - 9/8/2014 08:36

Quite astonishing. I thought we'd not get close! Phenomenal effort from those involved and what an excellent result for the club. We've done more in the last year than our rich owners did in the last 12!

Spot on Jake!

Thought we would do well, but was expecting half the amount but for it to be near £300,000 in the end is 'Unbelievable Jeff' as a certain former Pompey man and pundit would say...

I share the sentiments of amazement. Just goes to show what it is to be a Portsmuthian and/or a Pompey supporter anywhere in the world. :1: :1: :1:

may I add that the more money raised the better............obviously..................but over and above the £250.000 needed for the pitches a bit extra for a few small buildings/units is needed in the ideal world

obviously folk are very aware not to get blood out of a stone here..............eggshells treading on

£275.000 was banded about..............NOT EXPECTED you understand