The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

I didn't think we were in for Scully.
What does grip.me is the fact that we have a transfer committee and we leave it to the last minute to get players in.
Preseason been and gone and we are almost 20% way through the new season already.
We need players to be identified and lined up ready at the start if business and not at the end of a window where clubs can hold out.
We are certainly playing the long game, I would like some experience to help the youngsters, especially in midfield.

Dougall and Stewart are very experienced. Even if Stewart’s not on the pitch he’s surely a positive presence off it. Keshi, Marv, Husband, Garbutt, Maxwell, Madine are all experienced, some in the championship.

Stewart 13 games last season, 0 this.
Kenny can't play as part of the 2 man midfield.
Maxwell no.longer a starter.
Keshi injured, Garbutt not played / injured, Husband ahead of Williams for me.

Out of contract players available- Fabian Delph.

Good question Prem. Not played much football other than last season on loan at Reading. I'm told that it took him a good while to get going then looked decent

He lost a bit of confidence according to what he was saying after leaving Chelsea.

Michael Appleton confirmed that Drinkwater will not be moving to the Fylde Coast: "It's dead, that's done, it's ran its course. To be fair the club went above and beyond to try and make that happen, they couldn't have done anymore, I couldn't have got any better support from the club to try and make it happen but that isn't going to happen.
"I think you never close the door on anyone coming in but certainly I don't see Danny coming to the club."

I really like what MA is saying here, clearly talking about Drinkwater.

Michael Appleton wants any further transfer additions to have a real desire to join Blackpool.
The Seasiders remain open to bringing in another signing from the free agent market with experience on the shopping list. A deal for Danny Drinkwater is dead but Appleton's options remain open on Liam Bridcutt who is currently on trial at Bloomfield Road as he hopes to earn a contract with the club.
Appleton hasn't ruled out bringing in further trialists with an open-minded approach to potentially recruiting more additions before settling on his squad until the World Cup break. With three spaces available in the squad list submitted to the EFL, Kevin Stewart and Jake Beesley initially left out through injury, there is room to manoeuvre but it has to be the right type of business.

“I’m not a bloody psychiatrist or psychologist or any of those things but I do like meeting players and looking them in the whites of the eyes and seeing if they’ve got that hunger and desire. It’s important, it’s important to know they want to come and play for the football club and fight for the football club," Appleton said.
“We’ve got a lot of honest players in this group who’ve worked their tails off to get to where they’re at now playing at this level. I wouldn’t want to ruin that and disrupt that thinking I’m doing the right thing by bringing in and adding a bit of quality but at the same time going against everything that has probably got the club in the position it is at this moment of time.

“There’s definitely players there who have that type of quality that, with the greatest respect, we probably won’t be anywhere near the top of their list in terms of clubs they’d probably want to join.
“But at the same time there’s probably one or two players on that list who’ve got quality but it’s whether they’ve got the desire. Desire, especially the older you get, goes a long way because players can become really, really comfortable, they can earn a lot of money and be in a really good place financially and then they lose that desire to really want to play and get up every single morning and come down to Squires Gate on a freezing cold November, February morning whatever it is and want to get better.
“That’s quite a big thing for myself because I don’t care if you’re 19 or you’re 35, I always say to the players when I meet them, if you’re prepared to be coached and get better this is probably a good club for you. If you’re not and you just want to come in and have a five-a-side and small sided games every day this is probably not the club for you.

“It’s about having that balance and trying to recognise where that player is at, at that moment in time.”

My problem is he also said he would only bring in players that would improve the squad, better than we airway have. Bridcutt to me Duane fall into that category. My other problem with Appleton is that he is happy to develop young talent but puts seem ignored. Apter did v well in numerous positions and isn't found a league club to go out on loan. When I look at the bench I think he better than some eg cj

Spot on with Apter. He is ready for first team football with us and not throwing him in now might arrest his development.