That stuttering penalty run up.. | Vital Football

That stuttering penalty run up..

I think Woody was the best I've seen Rod.
WOODY was magnificent and 2nd only to GOD in my list of the GREATEST BLADES players but i still think Blackman was the best pen taker i've seen because of the way he took the pens and i never saw him miss one, and i don't just mean a BLADES player either. He even scored one against us when he came back to BDBL with i think it was Derby. UTB

Nick Blackman is the best penalty taker i've seen at BDBL Sean,not gr8 at much else as a striker but pens he was excellent.He was calm,walked up and sent the keeper the wrong way. UTB
I said if the keeper ever called his bluff he’d be up shit creek it happened once and he buried it in the corner,best penalty taker I’ve seen for us was Peter duffield 100% record not sure whether Blackman got that but I think duffs took a lot more pens than he did (of course there’s always a smidgeon of a chance I might be mistaken)

I said if the keeper ever called his bluff he’d be up shit creek it happened once and he buried it in the corner,best penalty taker I’ve seen for us was Peter duffield 100% record not sure whether Blackman got that but I think duffs took a lot more pens than he did (of course there’s always a smidgeon of a chance I might be mistaken)
I think what it was with Blackman is that he never looked like missing. I can't recall a keeper getting close let alone getting a finger tip to one. That run up seemed to completely transfix them.

Blackman wasn't fit to tie Woody's bootlaces as a player Chippy but as a penalty taker I agree with Rod...he's the best I've seen.
Up to 2021 Blackman was playing for Macabi Tel Aviv,i don't know if he's still there tho.He played for Reading when he left us and then Derby. UTB

Blackman wasn't fit to tie Woody's bootlaces as a player Chippy but as a penalty taker I agree with Rod...he's the best I've seen.
No problem, let's agree to differ. But check how many Woody scored and missed before you tell me he wasn't that good on pens mate.

Blackman was good but was only here for 6 months, if that!
We're not debating who took the most pens for us BM, it's who we think was our best penalty taker. Based on what I saw when he was here for the reasons I've given I think he's the best penalty taker I've seen in our colours. It's like me saying I think John Tudor (before your time I know) was probably the best attacking header of the ball I've seen at the Lane. He wasn't here anywhere near as long as Deano or Mick Jones but I personally think he was the best attacking header.

Had a look for some pen stats (see stats and records thread)
colin Morris took the most with 54 scoring 42 and missing 12
tony kenworthy had the highest % strike rate of players taking 10 or more with 90% scoring 20 from 22 and duff has the most with a 100% record with 7 but as has been said it’s how they took them and Blackman had a style that worked for sure but I was never comfortable with it I was much happier with duffield right in the corner half way up so keeper couldn’t get near it
some interesting records on that page though