That certain 'other' forum... | Page 6 | Vital Football

That certain 'other' forum...

I sent the following mail to gary.purvis@footymad.net :

"Please could you look into the chaos caused by the appointment of a moderator called plm2015 on the Notts County board. Several loyal posters have been banned simply for questioning the utterly bizarre moderation that has been happening since this appointment. Dozens of threads have been deleted without explanation and there is considerable anger at what is being allowed to take place. Please investigate."

I haven't had a reply, but it seems to have been sent ok. This whole situation is so utterly bizarre that I'm a bit concerned that the real name of Romanis is Gary Purvis!!!

Looks like Gary Purvis is a liverpool fan from his linkedin profile
He is the content manager of footymad so not sure what he can do

Elite_pie - 14/1/2016 17:57

SolSigns - 15/1/2016 12:42

Thommo gets to be the homecoming hero!

Elite, you're now the unbanned. (Be afraid, be very afraid!)

Unfortunately not - I'm still banned!!!

Thommo said: "Everyone can have 1 clean strike from now so any accounts which weren't duplications which would like unbanning."

Which is a bit tortured, but I'm taking it to mean that he would unban you and the others if you 'would like' to be so unbanned. I could be rong.

Oldstripy - 15/1/2016 15:18

Elite_pie - 15/1/2016 14:11

Just been allowed back.

Have you found out the identity of plm2015?

It's definitely not the original Plympie, that's all I'll say. Now we're all unbanned and plm2015 is being 'rested' it's probably best to draw a line under the matter.

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping to get this resolved.

Thanks. I get a message "Your account has been placed in the Sib [sic] Bin until 15 Jan 2016 16:40" so it should have been lifted by now but I'm still locked out. Andy6025 might still be banned as well, not seen him post since he started a thread encouraging people to complain.

Glad to see that common sense has finally prevailed. I just hope that everyone who has been posting on here over the last few days continues to do so. It's much more fun with a few of us around!

Quite right. The one good thing to come out of this farce is that it seems to have alerted a few people that there is life outside MAD. Obviously sheer weight of numbers means any switch will be gradual, but the continued server issues over there might see a few more looking over here.

I have tried to avoid mad for some time but the lack of numbers on here makes it hard sometimes I have to go back. Hopefully this board will start to take off.