Thanks a million, everyone | Vital Football

Thanks a million, everyone

Ihaventaclue

Vital Youth Team
Folks, football friends, since I started watching Wigan about 9 years ago, a memorable sunny afternoon at the DW or JJB v Middlesborough and a 1 – 0 win with a Sibierski goal through until about 6 months ago I have had a ball and a blast.
I have so many wonderful memories to take with me, some fantastic laughs, met some of the nicest most fun people, hugged Gavin’s Mum, have a secret with Norma and had some great times at stunning games.
Of course I have regrets – not going to Everton, Arsenal or Man U and not being Crusty for a day.
My biggest disappointment, like us all, all the shite that is going on now, but the manner you have 'rallied together' reflects the good peope you are.
To all you good people, for adding to my memories I say a huge thank you.
Why am I telling you all this …… I’ve retired and we are moving back to New Zealand where I want to buy a goat to milk, get chickens, plant olive trees and hopefully carry on enjoying myself but in a different way.
My greatest claims to fame include scoring in that same goal as Will Grigg, in ‘that’ game, on my 60th birthday for Goal Shoot, enjoying Vital a lot, even if I was frequently told Ihaven't a clue, having fun on ‘The Wall’ when I couldn’t get to the match, asking DW for his tie when Max wouldn’t give me his shorts after he’d given his shirt to someone else. I could go on for ages. So much good stuff. And without all you great crowd none of it would have happenned.
I’m sorry to be moving away from this fun and I hope it returns sooner that later for you all, you’ve been great.
I’ll still keep popping up on the forii to see what the ‘talk of the town is’ and if I come back I’ll try to get up for a game.
The ES7 folks, around W187, to you all … and everyone, sincerly and honestly ....thankyou again for adding so much to my afternoons. All of you.
Thank you everyone, keep safe and keep having fun. It’s been a great journey – mostly.
wpml_bye.gif
wpml_heart.gif
wpml_good.gif
wpml_cry.gif

Last edited:
There's never enough characters knocking about mate and you are one of the best. You have also done much for others so I'm quite proud to have shook your hand my friend.

Keep care of yourself and those you love.

God bless lad.

Enjoy New Zealand and take care. Make sure you wear your latics tops at every eventuality your bound to bump into another exiled Latics fan at some point, he'll be the one with the look of utter desperation on his face. Keep believing and UTFT!

There's never enough characters knocking about mate and you are one of the best. You have also done much for others so I'm quite proud to have shook your hand my friend.

Keep care of yourself and those you love.

God bless lad.
This is fascinating!! and such a very nice thing to say. I'll get such replies, as yours has just tingled me with a tad of emotion, and I wonder ..... who is he!? Like the guy who asked me about my ParkRun times. Annonimty can be fun sometimes, it stimulates the curiosity.

All the very best mate I hope you really enjoy your retirement and remember " Once a Wiganer"
You can still come on here I think the internets reach NZ

Enjoy New Zealand and take care. Make sure you wear your latics tops at every eventuality your bound to bump into another exiled Latics fan at some point, he'll be the one with the look of utter desperation on his face. Keep believing and UTFT!
Thanks. I will. My blue and white cap, occasionally my stripey trousers and my top. Yup. When I was last out there I went to Wellington Phoenix with my top on. There was a Millwall fan who made himself known to me. We'd beaten Millwall about 4 weeks earlier. He still wasn't over it!! Then NZ announced lock down. I went into the very small town to by food. It was deserted except, I kid you not, one guy with a 'tics shirt on!

Congratulations on your retirement and the next stage of your life.
You are a good man and I know why you have chosen NZ , parkrun is still active!!!
Stay healthy and fit and you never know, sub-21 could be achieved!!!

Congratulations on your retirement and the next stage of your life.
You are a good man and I know why you have chosen NZ , parkrun is still active!!!
Stay healthy and fit and you never know, sub-21 could be achieved!!!
Thanks a lot. Very nice. Yes, there are few PRs within 100kms of us! My present one is about 3 minutes away! Sub 21 for you is a cruise. For an old codger I'm happy with sub 24 these days. Thanks, who ever you are!!!

Folks, football friends, since I started watching Wigan about 9 years ago, a memorable sunny afternoon at the DW or JJB v Middlesborough and a 1 – 0 win with a Sibierski goal through until about 6 months ago I have had a ball and a blast.
I have so many wonderful memories to take with me, some fantastic laughs, met some of the nicest most fun people, hugged Gavin’s Mum, have a secret with Norma and had some great times at stunning games.
Of course I have regrets – not going to Everton, Arsenal or Man U and not being Crusty for a day.
My biggest disappointment, like us all, all the shite that is going on now, but the manner you have 'rallied together' reflects the good peope you are.
To all you good people, for adding to my memories I say a huge thank you.
Why am I telling you all this …… I’ve retired and we are moving back to New Zealand where I want to buy a goat to milk, get chickens, plant olive trees and hopefully carry on enjoying myself but in a different way.
My greatest claims to fame include scoring in that same goal as Will Grigg, in ‘that’ game, on my 60th birthday for Goal Shoot, enjoying Vital a lot, even if I was frequently told Ihaven't a clue, having fun on ‘The Wall’ when I couldn’t get to the match, asking DW for his tie when Max wouldn’t give me his shorts after he’d given his shirt to someone else. I could go on for ages. So much good stuff. And without all you great crowd none of it would have happenned.
I’m sorry to be moving away from this fun and I hope it returns sooner that later for you all, you’ve been great.
I’ll still keep popping up on the forii to see what the ‘talk of the town is’ and if I come back I’ll try to get up for a game.
The ES7 folks, around W187, to you all … and everyone, sincerly and honestly ....thankyou again for adding so much to my afternoons. All of you.
Thank you everyone, keep safe and keep having fun. It’s been a great journey – mostly.
wpml_bye.gif
wpml_heart.gif
wpml_good.gif
wpml_cry.gif

You will be missed on here and on CL.
Hopefully you will still follow the Latics from NZ and you had better keep up your 'Guess the gate' competition entries when we can return.(GG)
All the best for your move mate, and behave youself with that goat!!!

You will be missed on here and on CL.
Hopefully you will still follow the Latics from NZ and you had better keep up your 'Guess the gate' competition entries. (GG)
All the best for your move mate, and behave youself with that goat!!!
I never want to get any where near winning Guess the Gate but sadly I have been doing unexpectadly well recently! Bloody rubbish; sack 'im! Thanks a lot! I will be following the 'tics, for sure.