Thankful | Vital Football

Thankful

CDX_EIRE

Vital Football Legend
I didn't know where to put this but I have the arrogance to think everyone should consider the following.

Look at the transfer business some clubs are doing around us.

1. Burnley - 1MM for Dale Stephens
2. Sheffield Utd. - complaining about us and our business. Signing Brewster for 24MM with a 15% sell on and 3 year buy-back for Liverpool
3. West Ham - not backing Moyes
4. Fulham & WBA - who have the brought in?
5. Manchester United - terribly run
6. Newcastle - a mixed window but have they significantly strengthened?
7. Brighton - prudent signings but not braking the bank

Then look at us, we are in a good place boys. Over a decade of disaster, surviving by the skin of our teeth but that performance today. Is it okay to dream?

Whatever happens we're really making strides to run the club properly. Look some of our players like Trez and Marv and a few others are maybe not the greatest but at least in Trez he looks like improving. None of these clubs above except Brighton seem to really have gone for some cheaper players for the future.

I don't know maybe I am just high off the win but seeing things in a more positive perspective now.

I just feel like we're trying to build something and others are just trying to survive.

It's all about momentum mate and we've got it coming out of our ears - everything gets easier when everything gets easier ...

Do bear in mind that, on the face of it, we're one of maybe only three PL clubs whose owners aren't on the take such that all of our earnings can go back into the squad and it's starting to show.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us add 3x £40m players at the end of this season for a genuine push for Europe.

Happy times but my god have we earned it since the MON debacle.

We've looked at where we were last season and put in quality where we were weak. Result; a balanced team. DS said he wanted more athleticism, and he's got it. Watkins glides over the ground as though he's strolling, leaving defenders struggling in his wake. This is what we wanted, and we've got it.

We can defend, we can score goals, and it looks like we're being more analytical about defeating the opposition. And we have a young squad. Let's see what this season brings.

I posted in another forum a while back that I think a lot of clubs are hunkering down because of Covid but we're pushing ahead thanks to owners and good work by Purslow et al getting on top of FFP last season.
Really seems like stars are aligning for us after almost being through the trapdoor few months ago

After we signed Barkley it felt like I was following the Villa I grew up supporting again (fan since 1990).

Whilst I’m not going to get carried away I’m certainly enjoying the moment of such a wonderful win!! Amazing to watch!

To think we were nearly going out of business a few years ago and any old charlatan could have taken us over, again. Instead out of the ashes walked Nassef and Wes and this club is on its way back!! I love them and we are incredibly lucky to have them as owners. Thank the footballing gods!

After we signed Barkley it felt like I was following the Villa I grew up supporting again (fan since 1990).

Whilst I’m not going to get carried away I’m certainly enjoying the moment of such a wonderful win!! Amazing to watch!

To think we were nearly going out of business a few years ago and any old charlatan could have taken us over, again. Instead out of the ashes walked Nassef and Wes and this club is on its way back!! I love them and we are incredibly lucky to have them as owners. Thank the footballing gods!
1990 is where it began for me mate. Platt's volley against Belgium and all that

1990 is where it began for me mate. Platt's volley against Belgium and all that
I remember it well, great times! My first game we beat Port Vale 6-0 in the cup, no turning back after that. My family are all Bluenoses but I went to that game with my mate and his Dad. My Dad started to take me to some Blues games after that but he was too late!! So I'm thankful to my old school friend Andy and his Dad for saving me from a life of disappointment and envy supporting that lot!!

I didn't know where to put this but I have the arrogance to think everyone should consider the following.

Look at the transfer business some clubs are doing around us.

1. Burnley - 1MM for Dale Stephens
2. Sheffield Utd. - complaining about us and our business. Signing Brewster for 24MM with a 15% sell on and 3 year buy-back for Liverpool
3. West Ham - not backing Moyes
4. Fulham & WBA - who have the brought in?
5. Manchester United - terribly run
6. Newcastle - a mixed window but have they significantly strengthened?
7. Brighton - prudent signings but not braking the bank

Then look at us, we are in a good place boys. Over a decade of disaster, surviving by the skin of our teeth but that performance today. Is it okay to dream?

Whatever happens we're really making strides to run the club properly. Look some of our players like Trez and Marv and a few others are maybe not the greatest but at least in Trez he looks like improving. None of these clubs above except Brighton seem to really have gone for some cheaper players for the future.

I don't know maybe I am just high off the win but seeing things in a more positive perspective now.

I just feel like we're trying to build something and others are just trying to survive.

This needs to be renamed......The Owners Thread

I can't quite wrap my head around the result last night. As bad as Liverpool were after we scored the 4th (the 4th!!!!!), the tactical setup and vision of the coaching staff was superb. Even more fantastic was the effort put in by every single Villa player in putting that into practice.

I'm an ecstatic bag of adrenaline and energy this morning and I can only imagine what the buzz feels like as it permeates through the entire club this morning. Through every player, coach, board member, fan, that electricity must be incredible.

All I can think about this morning is how much can we achieve this season? We don't have a terribly hard run, on paper it must be stressed, running up to Christmas. We don't have the league cup or europe to distract us. Can we stay injury free and keep up that level of performance for the entire season? Could we compete, challenge for the league?

Crazy to even say it but where else can we talk about it if not on the Vital Villa forums? Can we win the league? Clubs don't have that kind of result that we experienced last night and then go on the have an average season do they?

I'm so thankful to the board and to the coaching staff for the progression of Villa from a Steve Bruce mid table championship side to playoff winning, league cup finalists, champions of England demolition experts.

I want the league. I'll hear no more talk of how happy people are to see a "small club beat Liverpool". We are the Villa and we are well and truly back.

Some clubs accept they cannot compete with the big boys so are just run an a financially sound footing. They also just hope to survive in the PL and accrue another year of the vast wealth. We finally have owners who believe we belong on the top table. There will be ups and downs on the way but im going to enjoy every minute.

Some clubs accept they cannot compete with the big boys so are just run an a financially sound footing. They also just hope to survive in the PL and accrue another year of the vast wealth. We finally have owners who believe we belong on the top table. There will be ups and downs on the way but im going to enjoy every minute.

This is what we all saw looking in from the Championship a season or two ago. The mistake we made was underestimating the quality gulf from Championship to even 15th, 16th, 17th.

However, the quality between 9th to 16th is so small. The difference between us and a lot of these clubs is what success looks like. Success for Palace seems to be avoiding a relegation scrap, Burnleys success is mid-table. Brighton are going for slow and steady progression while playing nice football.

We clearly want to be in the Champions League in the next 3 to 5 years. Top half would be an incredible achievement for us.

This is what we all saw looking in from the Championship a season or two ago. The mistake we made was underestimating the quality gulf from Championship to even 15th, 16th, 17th.

However, the quality between 9th to 16th is so small. The difference between us and a lot of these clubs is what success looks like. Success for Palace seems to be avoiding a relegation scrap, Burnleys success is mid-table. Brighton are going for slow and steady progression while playing nice football.

We clearly want to be in the Champions League in the next 3 to 5 years. Top half would be an incredible achievement for us.
Top of the top half is where we want to be!