Thank you | Vital Football

Thank you

charlz54

Vital Squad Member
Thank you Rotherham for doing us a big favour today in beating Shrewsbury.......things look better now in the table and we can all go to the game on Monday and really enjoy watching ourselves against one of the best football teams in the world......let’s make the DW rock and show the watching audience what a fantastic club we support.

truelatic4eva - 17/2/2018 19:24

nottinghamlatic - 17/2/2018 19:13

It looks like becoming a 4 or even 5 horse race now.

For second place, we will win it by 10 points.

Hope your right TL4...for e few reasons -
My heart.
My pre season bet
Last game of season in hospitality.

Oh n look at Rotherham sneaking up on the rails eh!!

We should be 10 points clear at the top by now and pissing this league not fannying about relying on other teams doing us favours!

That OP smacks of desperation!

I don't really know why people are worrying about a couple of teams well below us just because of current form.

We can get 111 points, I know we won't.

Rotherham can get 98 and Plymouth 86.
Shrewsbury can attain 106 and Blackburn 105.

So even if Rotherham do win every game (and I'm sure they won't) we still have 13 points to play with. They might catch Shrewsbury, as I've said before, their inability to score goals freely will catch up with them in the end, but not Blackburn Imo?
So depending on how full your glass is, you can worry about how many points we might drop before the end of the season and fret if you believe two teams can overtake that.
It's a two horse race for the title, and 3-5 horse race for runners up, but only if Blackburn falter badly.

RELAX!

Grip! - 17/2/2018 20:36

We should be 10 points clear at the top by now and pissing this league not fannying about relying on other teams doing us favours!

TBF tho GaG how many teams to name a few - chelski/ Urntd have relied on others to win the league...prob a fair few more who've relied on others so its no real shame. The OP hardly smacks of desperation merely being grateful in the same way I'd be grateful if any other teams help us in this league by beating our nearest rivals.
Sometimes clubs raise their game when playing the so called favourites to win the league - so we're in for a tough last few months me thinks.

So much for being the biggest club in League 1 if we need favours from the likes of Rotherham.

That said, it was always going to be tough to shake off the mighty Shrewsbury? FFS!

Grip! - 17/2/2018 22:12

So much for being the biggest club in League 1 if we need favours from the likes of Rotherham.

That said, it was always going to be tough to shake off the mighty Shrewsbury? FFS!

You can have it one of two ways Grip. Either:

a) the club should expect to win every game at this standard, especially against "the likes of" Shrewsbury,
or,
b) no club goes through a season without losing and drawing a number of games ....... hence, you expect your opponents to do exactly the same.

Rotherham didn't do us a favour ........ they just won their 18th game of the season. No more.

jocklatic - 17/2/2018 21:38

Grip! - 17/2/2018 20:36

TBF tho GaG how many teams to name a few - chelski/ Urntd have relied on others to win the league...prob a fair few more who've relied on others so its no real shame. The OP hardly smacks of desperation merely being grateful in the same way I'd be grateful if any other teams help us in this league by beating our nearest rivals.
Sometimes clubs raise their game when playing the so called favourites to win the league - so we're in for a tough last few months me thinks.

But Jock there are some that think the rules around other clubs don't apply to Wigan. We couldn't possibly lose a game then n a season in this league or accept supporters who haven't got Pi****d wet through on the terraces of Springfield Park. How many Man United fans come from within Manchester? I have a good mate who is a "fan" of Arsenal.

We can win this league. We will have the odd blip. We don't need to "rely" on other teams to help us out as they can't all win their remaining games. All we need to do is win more games than others in the league and we have made a good start at that.

In the meantime another FA Cup win wouldn't do any harm as well.

moonay - 17/2/2018 22:22

Grip! - 17/2/2018 22:12

You can have it one of two ways Grip. Either:

a) the club should expect to win every game at this standard, especially against "the likes of" Shrewsbury,
or,
b) no club goes through a season without losing and drawing a number of games ....... hence, you expect your opponents to do exactly the same.

Rotherham didn't do us a favour ........ they just won their 18th game of the season. No more.

I didnt say Rotherham had done us a favour the OP did, like i said earlier, posts like that smacks of desperation.

Grip! - 17/2/2018 23:23

I didnt say Rotherham had done us a favour the OP did, like i said earlier, posts like that smacks of desperation.

???
Yes you did. Twice.

First, you said:

Then, you said:

Which option do you go with? Do you honestly expect us to win every game? ......... or, are you a little more realistic, and you expect us to have a few slip ups ........ in which case, why the big bottom lip every time we don't win?

I genuinely don't know which way you feel ........... enlighten us.

moonay - 17/2/2018 23:32

???
Yes you did. Twice.

First, you said:

Then, you said:

Which option do you go with? Do you honestly expect us to win every game? ......... or, are you a little more realistic, and you expect us to have a few slip ups ........ in which case, why the big bottom lip every time we don't win?

Moonay, i don't have a bottom lip on when we lose, just very disappointed.

Secondly, both those posts you highlighted were in response to the OP, Charlz and anyone that agrees with the ridiculous post, i want us to win this league with wins and points on the board not worrying what other teams are doing, a bit like you earlier going on about Bury on Monday.

The last thing i'll be thinking about on Monday is the Blackburn v Bury game.

Aye, but tha's still not answered the question Grip.

What do you expect? Win all the time?......, or lose a few games ? ........... in which case that means that the only way for us to win the league is for other teams to lose a few (more) too.

If Rovers win (& Bury lose) on Monday, then we're still in control of our own destiny. However, if Bury pull off a win at Ewood, that makes our job just that little bit easier.

OK, you may not have a bottom lip, but you certainly have a high horse that you stand on.

Grip! - 17/2/2018 23:52

moonay - 17/2/2018 23:32

???
Yes you did. Twice.

First, you said:

Then, you said:

Moonay, i don't have a bottom lip on when we lose, just very disappointed.

Secondly, both those posts you highlighted were in response to the OP, Charlz and anyone that agrees with the ridiculous post, i want us to win this league with wins and points on the board not worrying what other teams are doing, a bit like you earlier going on about Bury on Monday.

The last thing i'll be thinking about on Monday is the Blackburn v Bury game.

GaG...think 99.9% of supporters wud like us to win the league without relying on any other team but of the said 99.9% I'd guess the majority wouldn't give a flying f@ck.....if Rotherham or even Oldham n perhaps even Fleetwood did us 1 or 2 favours in our attempts to win this league so it's hardly 'ridiculous' as u say!!
Oh n I also think a great deal of our supporters WILL be thinking or at the least looking at the Blackburn v Bury game with a bit of interest. No shame in either of that...looking at other results & hoping teams do u a favour ...all's fair in love & was towards the Championship!!

Im realistic enough to know we cant win every game and understand that all teams have "blips"

Its the way we lost the last two games that pisses me off, indefensible!

Grip! - 18/2/2018 00:33

Im realistic enough to know we cant win every game and understand that all teams have "blips"

Not sure if how we lost the last two games is a reflection of how we've been this season really...perhaps the teams eye had been on the up n coming game against Money Sh@tty.....wrong if they have but hey that's prob footballers mentality...big stage / TV etc.

Grip! - 18/2/2018 00:33

When a team as good as ours plays at it's best in this league, we are likely to win, sometimes by a big margin. Although football can sometimes throw a defeat at you even when you play well. If we don't play at our best it leaves us open to the possibility of defeat. Although we have won games when not at our best too.

So your remark here begs the question are you therefore realistic enough to accept that we might not always be at our best?