Thank you grabz | Vital Football

Thank you grabz

Would have really liked Grabbz to stay for another season. Wish him all the best, he's been a great player for our club and hope he gets the contract he's looking for.

I really can't get my head around some of todays players. If I were Grabban I'd have jumped at the chance of another 12 months at Forest in a Premier league squad just for that one last opportunity of playing in the best league in the world. I understand he wants to keep his career going for as long as possible but that one last chance would be irresistible to me. He's only 34 and could quite easily drop down the leagues afterwards and maybe play until he's 38 or more?
I wish him all the best (has he signed a 5 year deal for THEM yet?).

one of the players ive hated watching more than most over the last 50 years. Average goal record, pretty much no assists, and terrible penalty taker,tho admitedly through tough times so the younger brigade might think he was ok.Thank god that period is over and i dont have to comment on the wuss ever again

one of the players ive hated watching more than most over the last 50 years. Average goal record, pretty much no assists, and terrible penalty taker,tho admitedly through tough times so the younger brigade might think he was ok.Thank god that period is over and i dont have to comment on the wuss ever again

He scored a goal every 198 minutes, which is the 4th best of any Forest player in at least the last 23 years regards goals per minute, so it's not really an average goal record.

And he was involved in 20 plus league goals for 3 out of his four seasons, so it's a stretch to suggest he's not done his share at helping others score too. In fact only Lolley has been involved in more Forest goals since 2013.

He scored a goal every 198 minutes, which is the 4th best of any Forest player in at least the last 23 years regards goals per minute, so it's not really an average goal record.

And he was involved in 20 plus league goals for 3 out of his four seasons, so it's a stretch to suggest he's not done his share at helping others score too. In fact only Lolley has been involved in more Forest goals since 2013.

Also I believe after Harewood (I think he just got there), he is the first player to score 50 league goals for us since Nigel Clough.

as i said,1in3 striker at best in the second league.measured during our worst striker history ever lol

Ah, the paz tribute. One of our best players for what 3/4 seasons? He wasnt perfect but was part of the team that got us promoted.

As much as i thought bong was awful, he still has the promotion on his record and gets a bit of thx. Grabz did a lot more for us.

Yes boffin but how many 8m players has grabz knackered?

as i said,1in3 striker at best in the second league.measured during our worst striker history ever lol

It's easy not to realise unless you know the bigger picture, but 1 goal in 3 games (if it was - a goal every 198 minutes is less than that) isn't as bad as it sounds.

And as you rightly point out, it is for a team not exactly doing very well!

And this is a player not playing as a striker.

Last season Harry Kane scored a goal every 190 minutes - nobody in their right mind would say Harry Kane is an average goalscorer.