Test Match | Vital Football

Test Match

Eweimps

Vital 1st Team Regular
I’m watching the cricket at the minute and it’s nice to see a big “we are imps” banner on the fence at Trent Bridge

Always well stocked with Imps fans the TB test match. Pity about the cricket though - I can see India clean sweep in the series because England can't bat in red ball cricket.

Poor coach, Poor captain, poor fielding and most worryingly very poor batting.
Don't understand how can be so good in white ball cricket and so poor in red ball?
Morgan is such a better captain than Root, always feel Joe doesn't take it seriously.
Trouble is as usual they'll the bowlers but not the batsmen.

Poor coach, Poor captain, poor fielding and most worryingly very poor batting.
Don't understand how can be so good in white ball cricket and so poor in red ball?
Morgan is such a better captain than Root, always feel Joe doesn't take it seriously.
Trouble is as usual they'll the bowlers but not the batsmen.

Because white ball cricket has been prioritised over red ball cricket for the last six years at least. Look at the Calendar, they play no first class cricket then expect to hit the ground running against one of the best attacks in the world.

I feel sorry for Root, he’s a class batsman but has been dealt a poor hand by the ECB - who are more interested in creating a pointless new short form game because they made a hash of the rights to t20.

I can see test cricket going the way of county cricket, tbh.

At the moment, watching England's batting is a pretty grim occupation, even for the neutral.

Good century by Root, but the tail has collapsed. Still, England at least have something to bowl at even if it is unlikely to be enough.

I can see test cricket going the way of county cricket, tbh.

At the moment, watching England's batting is a pretty grim occupation, even for the neutral.
It went that way for me when Sky got the rights. I have not watched a test match since and I used to watch loads

It went that way for me when Sky got the rights. I have not watched a test match since and I used to watch loads

Let's not forget we were "promised" by a Tory government that test-match rights would not become pay-per-view. They lied, as usual.

Fixed for you Notty.
Limited is as limited does.
Hoping for rain, I had a few quid (based on a forecast that hasn't really materialized) on the draw!

Bairstow a case in point. Gets to 30 with little real trouble and then falls for the oldest trick in the book and holes out at deep square. The Indian fielder didn't even have to move to take the catch.

In limited over cricket, that's fine. In test cricket it's dumb.

Bairstow a case in point. Gets to 30 with little real trouble and then falls for the oldest trick in the book and holes out at deep square. The Indian fielder didn't even have to move to take the catch.

In limited over cricket, that's fine. In test cricket it's dumb.
Yep.
Interestingly, I heard a comment on tv yesterday regarding Sibley. Along the lines of this. Cricket fans complain that we don't have batsmen with test cricket discipline, then when one shows it he's not good enough because he doesn't score quickly enough.
As we know, there's a balance to be struck. Perhaps it's just too much for some to achieve. Too much ridiculously short form stuff can't ever help. It's pretty clear that the cricket authorities couldn't give a stuff. They are too busy getting love island people promoting the latest dumbed down version of the sport.

Yep.
Interestingly, I heard a comment on tv yesterday regarding Sibley. Along the lines of this. Cricket fans complain that we don't have batsmen with test cricket discipline, then when one shows it he's not good enough because he doesn't score quickly enough.
As we know, there's a balance to be struck. Perhaps it's just too much for some to achieve. Too much ridiculously short form stuff can't ever help. It's pretty clear that the cricket authorities couldn't give a stuff. They are too busy getting love island people promoting the latest dumbed down version of the sport.

As far as I'm concerned, our openers can score at 1 an over if they actually manage to stay at the crease.