Terrible Final News! | Vital Football

Terrible Final News!

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
TBH I can't bear the waiting this week so I've been busying myself with work and the children and trying to forget the game. This has been going well and eldest daughter has been reconnecting with her creative side and playing with loom bands and last night she presented me with her latest creation a loom band bracelet which I have been wearing ever since. This morning I noticed a new youtube video from The Villa View so I decided to take a look. I was enjoying the chat, and they were discussing the merits of both teams when I glanced down to my wrist and saw something that chilled me to my very core (see picture). Has my 9 year old daughter cursed us, or even predicted the winner of the final? Have I cursed us by wearing such item rather than throwing it back at her and insisting that she make another one in appropriate colours? If I have I apologise to all of you. ( Needles to say I have taken the offending article off)

Derby.jpg

Also your advise good people of Vital, I decided that I would not watch the playoff semi second leg as I tend to think I jinx the performance, however as I was keeping up with the game on here and on text we were doing so badly that I decided to tune in for the 2nd half and we seemed to improve. So, should I keep my TV off and go do something until the game is over. or should I watch the TV and hope I dont jinx us? The decision is yours.

A rational answer to the colours of the band is that your avatar picture is on black and white so this is justification - your avatar has been in place for many years now, so no issues.
In terms of watching, your health and wellbeing will be at risk if you don't and as such it is an NHS recommendation to do so.
There you go, a classic case of sitting on the fence - shall I negotiate Brexit with Brussels now ??

Unless my Badger is a foretelling of hell to come? My god your right were doomed I tells ya!

This gets worse, I have just accidentally dropped and smashed my favourite Villa mug

Well last week I had a rather vivid dream then woke up clearly thinking someone called Wilson won the game for Derby:shake:

Later I thought I'd look up if someone actually called Wilson played for them - I was then horrified to see he does and after looking and reading about him I wished I never did:eek:

Dam you Wurzel for making me disclose this problem and upset my fellow Vital Villans...................................:grinning:

Chillax guys - we've got this.

No voodoo hex, no curse, no superstition. Just remember to always throw salt over your left shoulder, put your left sock on first in the morning and always salute a single magpie - just to be covered.....simples. :yes:

I remember being in Portugal some years back, whilst strolling through a shop spotted a rack with towels hanging down with club crests on them, the one at the front was Blackburns crest so I had a nose underneath to see what other teams were available, the next one directly underneath was villa, on that very night we lost 4 0 at home against Blackburn. I'm not superstious but that was weird.

On the subject of terrible Final news, my friend who scored my Wembley Ticket for last year's final just told me his family decided they "went the corporate route" (didn't include me) and now I'm booked for flights/hotel without a ticket.

Anyone know someone who can no longer make it and needs to ship a ticket, I will happily pay double the face value of the ticket (or whatever they ask within reason).

Currently resting my hopes on a friend of a family friend who used to work with Juan Pablo Angel when he was with the Red Bulls. JPA ended up getting me tickets to a match at Villa Park a number of years ago, hoping he can pull one out for me.

Anyway, if anyone hears of anything on an extra ticket front, would really appreciate a shout.

Edit: Will add that I will be in London regardless, so even if it's a last minute day-of situation, would appreciate a ping and will happily jump on something. Cheers fellow Villains

Last edited:
I've only had the good fortune to be to villa park once (flights/ accommodation and permission from the missus comes at a price) it was the game against the bluenoses where milner scored the late penalty. while I was there, I bought a pint glass with the villa crest on it. As the seasons went on, the crest faded from constant use and being in the dishwasher. Coincidently enough, as the crest faded, so did villas status as premiership club. The week villa were relegated, the crest was gone..... it was like the photograph from back to the future! I'm hoping that Monday at 5pm the crest somehow miraculously comes back as I have a victory pint!!

Chillax guys - we've got this.

No voodoo hex, no curse, no superstition. Just remember to always throw salt over your left shoulder, put your left sock on first in the morning and always salute a single magpie - just to be covered.....simples. :yes:

I have a tattoo of the Devil smoking a spliff on my left shoulder so basically I ma fucked .

Magpie wise it is - good morning/afternoon Mr Magpie how are your wife and children, if you only see one drive until you see a second, this once took over an hour last year must to the annoyance of Mrs OVB

On the subject of terrible Final news, my friend who scored my Wembley Ticket for last year's final just told me his family decided they "went the corporate route" (didn't include me) and now I'm booked for flights/hotel without a ticket.

Anyone know someone who can no longer make it and needs to ship a ticket, I will happily pay double the face value of the ticket (or whatever they ask within reason).

Currently resting my hopes on a friend of a family friend who used to work with Juan Pablo Angel when he was with the Red Bulls. JPA ended up getting me tickets to a match at Villa Park a number of years ago, hoping he can pull one out for me.

Anyway, if anyone hears of anything on an extra ticket front, would really appreciate a shout.

Edit: Will add that I will be in London regardless, so even if it's a last minute day-of situation, would appreciate a ping and will happily jump on something. Cheers fellow Villains

You are bad luck TheYank. I've had to miss our last two trips to Wembley and look what happened! When I last got there, was that wonderful Liverpool game. Alas, I too am ticketless still for the game. If all else fails, the London Lions have arranged a pub, which if the atmosphere is anything like the Semi 2nd Leg will be half decent, but not the same I agree!