Tender paid for tomorrow night | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tender paid for tomorrow night

I don't understand why we don't just have a winter break this season. Give a chance for the vaccines to be rolled out and play on through May and first bit of June. Month off and then start preseason in mid July with the season KO in Mid/late August.

If we nationally try to suppress the virus through January we can protect the NHS and then crack on with the vaccinations.

Is it that hard a decision to make ?
The Premier League winter break that only came in for the first time last season was scrapped this season due to starting later and having less time to fit all the matches in.

Then covid came along and changed everything. Hard not to see some sort of pause after latest figures and postponements.

Worryingly this has all the makings of a slow slide into complete paralysis . Postponements in the top division and proliferating further down with several clubs to miss the next three games. It won't take a lot more to make a nonsense of the competition again. I seriously wonder whether a mid winter break might happen.
I've been wondering the same thing. There has to be some doubt that we'll finish this season. The season started late and the Euros are due in June so there isn't that much slack.

If we're all heading into a Tier 5 lockdown next week, can we really justify football carrying on as usual?

[QUOTE="blueworm, post: 2615255, member: 13940"

If we're all heading into a Tier 5 lockdown next week, can we really justify football carrying on as usual?[/QUOTE]

I also agree. The argument is it is good for morale - but when football was cancelled in March it sent a very powerful message throughout society. It looks as though things will get even more grim before the vaccine has an effect. How many thousands of people are involved in putting on a football schedule each week - time to halt for a while I suspect.

We're better than this lot, good goal at a good time to bring us back into the game.

Lets hope for a more successful second half.

Just gone 4 -4-2 better.

F***