Team vs Sheffield W | Page 7 | Vital Football

Team vs Sheffield W

DF

'That result is embarrassing. We can’t talk of positives after conceding five goals. We made too many easy mistakes. That’s the reason we lost the game today. It’s hard to accept today. We wanted to finish strongly. Our effectiveness in using chances is not good enough. To concede five is really embarrassing. We have to wait for a scan on Maddison’s injury. We will have to see what it says.

All season he has played with out injury and on the last game he gets messed up.

I bet the club have been planning for his sale thinking yes 30 million will be great and DF you'll get about 5 million from this and pkus the 2 million you had giving you, in delia eyes, a top amount of money. And now the injury.....back to the 2 million budget sorry df

If Maddison has done his ACL were are utterly utterly screwed this summer. Won’t get the money we need from his sale to give us money to bring in new players, and he’ll be out until Christmas, and that’s probably at best.

Could be the genuine worst case scenario for everyone involved

Would be bloody typical. To be honest we shoumd be in the situation where we are relying on selling one player to save us from not being able to buy anyone. We should have money. Please Delia please sell.

A clueless manager ......third rate players .... a club that is desperate to sell its best players ....a £15m financial hole to fill next season ..... owners with zero ambition who refuse to sell the club . This can only lead to two things ...relegation and administration

By all accou ts he was walking at the end and looked more like a twist.

My mate at the game said he was on crutches and had a big knee brace on and was moving very slowly on them. Farke in his post match interview is already talking of a “serious injury” - he’s going for a scan tomorrow.

I’ve been fairly upbeat about our chances compared to some on here for next year, but if we can’t sell Maddison we are in big trouble, unless we suddenly find someone wanting to invest in the club (unlikely with the current owners).

Have to pray we find teams willing to pay us good money for our crap like Martin, Naismith, Wildschut, Jarvis etc. Or pray that it isn’t as serious as feared...but if it’s an ACL injury Maddison is likely out for a year. It kept that tyrone mings from scummers who was a promising young talent out for 18 months.

Gutted

So, so depressing. I'm glad the season is over. Don't think I could take any more of it, tbh. The club has three months to sort it all out. Cut the deadwood away and bring in some strikers. Talk of £2m budgets is going to mean little changes, if correct. If you can be bothered, and I wouldn't blame you if you can't, here’s a few words on yesterday and beyond https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/where-next-for-norwich-2/

Read your article and it is great. I agree with it all.
I suggest all regulars to this forum read it.

The main item I agree with here is that I could not wait for
the season to end. If it was to last a few more games and we were at home next week I would struggle to find the enthusiasm to go and that is from a supporter who has missed one home league game in about
10 years.

Thanks DG, appreciate your kind words. Its a relief that the season is over. Glad of the break from it tbh. I expect I’ll still be excited once the transfer speculation starts though, it’s just how I’m wired ?

Superb article and I couldn’t agree any more with those sentiments . ‘Totally unacceptable ‘ and ‘Death by sideways passing’ sum up our season perfectly .
I remain deeply worried and pessimistic about next season as well

Trying to find something optimistic to say
But putting it simply our next season stands or falls in the next few days on the fate of one young man
Any bad news and we are totally scuppered

The situation where next season and our financial future relies on the sale of our best players now proves beyond all doubt that the Smiths time has come to an end and we now need outside finance to take us forwards . Every day that they cling on to their nepotistic attitudes further ruins the very future of our beloved club

Last edited:
They now look likely to be taking us down to third tier for second time and only two times in 50 years.
Their selfish attitude is beyond belief.

Throughout the years we have blamed the managers , coaches and players . Now it surely it must be coming clear to all fans that the buck stops with the owners , whose stated hatred of the Premier League , whose nepotistic plans for our future , and whose singularly blatant total lack of the hunger, drive , passion and determination to take us to success , have brought us to the bleak future we now face . It is time they now went

DF wanted by Eintract Frankfurt
Would you let him go ?
With a huge sigh yes,unless he’s prepared to change his football philosophy which seems highly unlikely I think a change is needed
Keep Webber and the changes ongoing at the club but time for a change in outlook I think