Team vs QPR | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team vs QPR

What an awful game. I can not remember the last time we played such a dull game. I remember worse performances and better performances but this level of dull was unreal. It was worse than a pre-season friendly in terms of excitement.

Hwang took his goal well but looked like a pub player for everything else.
Duffy is Duffy
Barnes picked up where he left off with the game going on around him.

If we play like that against any team semi competent we are in trouble.

We went early. Not often we do that but could not stand the lacklustre performance from both sides. Victory was ours by a small margin but could so easily have gone any way.
Our midfield seemed a little stronger than previously but there were too many incidents of giving the Ball away especially on the right flank. And for heavens sake stop that useless tactic of holding the ball up. It never seems to work for us.

We have Watford and Bristol coming up two teams around us but if we play like that today both will beat us and imagine that performance against Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester.

How many times did we give the ball away, why does Duffy always seem to want to score an own goal, why does DW seem to want to sit back a whole half every time we are one up at HT, Fassnacht is not a right winger...we love having players like Dowell and Fassnacht as wingers when they are not, it's also crazy that a 34 year non scoring forward is seen as a key player for us so much so that after over 8 weeks out he starts and plays full 90...he's that important.

Watford will be tough (I think their GK got sent off yesterday) and so will Bristol but as mentioned these results are just papering over the cracks.

We have Watford and Bristol coming up two teams around us but if we play like that today both will beat us and imagine that performance against Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester.

How many times did we give the ball away, why does Duffy always seem to want to score an own goal, why does DW seem to want to sit back a whole half every time we are one up at HT, Fassnacht is not a right winger...we love having players like Dowell and Fassnacht as wingers when they are not, it's also crazy that a 34 year non scoring forward is seen as a key player for us so much so that after over 8 weeks out he starts and plays full 90...he's that important.

Watford will be tough (I think their GK got sent off yesterday) and so will Bristol but as mentioned these results are just papering over the cracks.

I do question if Barnes has something in his contract about playing 90 minutes when fit. I can't think of a time he has been subbed except when he got injured. I thought his late rugby tackle that he got booked for was embarrassing. I get we have to be more street wise, wasting time while breaking the play up and stopping quick freekicks but that was sad to watch. I don't see what he brings at all. For some reason though the duo on commentary love him he can't do any wrong.

Since there is more chance of the San Marino winning the World Cup than Sara being played in the number 10 role I would like to see Fassnacht given a go there. He seems to have decent feet but lack pace for the wing.

I do question if Barnes has something in his contract about playing 90 minutes when fit. I can't think of a time he has been subbed except when he got injured. I thought his late rugby tackle that he got booked for was embarrassing. I get we have to be more street wise, wasting time while breaking the play up and stopping quick freekicks but that was sad to watch. I don't see what he brings at all. For some reason though the duo on commentary love him he can't do any wrong.

Since there is more chance of the San Marino winning the World Cup than Sara being played in the number 10 role I would like to see Fassnacht given a go there. He seems to have decent feet but lack pace for the wing.
What is this love of playing Sara as a deep midfielder - the guys qualities are suffocated playing there. Barnes as a number 10 I also don't get as we don't have a quick forward running off him and we don't really play that type of football. Fassnacht also isn't a winger, but like you say has good feet. As we have said and someone said on CC last game it is all square pegs in round holes....like the 30 second cameo from McCallum coming on as a central defender when Warner was on the bench and Placheta playing as a left back