Team vs Leeds | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team vs Leeds

Gunn was up for a freekick, which obviously goes to a Leeds player. Leeds break with no one at the back for us and the ref brings it back for a freekick to Leeds. I would have been furious if it was the other way. I can only think he was doing us a favour.

FT 1-0 . We had just one shot on target and allowed them 12 shots (4on target). Poor stuff despite what Chris Goreham says

Will this be the start of another DW poor run?

All that shite from DW saying we aren't scared and will give them a fight....sounds like that was a load of crap.

Liverpool up next....fun.

Who we got in the league next?

Mate said that Sara missed a glorious chance and that Idah should have scored but fucked up ... I said that's Idah.

We don't have a good squad we need good additions but bk is still at arsenal I think

Got an ultra defensive game coming up next that we will lose and probably have 1 shot at goal as that's boring DW football

DW on the game:

'We should split this summary into two different things. One is the result. Yes, frustrating. The other one is a good performance. Both in ball possession and without ball possession. I think in both aspects the players have done really well. We gave Leeds a real game, we were absolutely competitive, and games like this will get decided by small margins. We have seen it three or four days before, when we played West Brom; a quite tight, even game we were able to pull in our direction.

The goal, we should defend much better, and obviously we had a big chance of Gabby Sara we haven't used. We were not ruthless, like in the last games. This is one of the big reasons why we lost. Congratulations to Leeds, a top team with super attacking individuals. But I think we kept them quite calm. The second half opportunities for them were more produced by our turnovers, where we were not calm on the ball. When we were accurate there was a period in the second half everyone could see when we were really able to pin them into their final third without, to be honest, having the final punch in the box. Result, frustrating, but I'm absolutely fine with the performance.

What annoyed me more than allowing the cross was how we defended the grass around our box, I think we had four or five situations before that cross where we have to show more composure on the ball, where we have to be more aggressive in the battles.'

So same old stuff from DW that he has been saying since he started - Not ruthless up front and mistakes cost goal/s

Sounds like Rowe has an injury that will probably keep him out of the cup game.

'Yes, he (Rowe) seems to have a problem with his hand and we now have to assess how serious it is. He will need a scan for sure (
on Thursday.'

DW on the game:

'We should split this summary into two different things. One is the result. Yes, frustrating. The other one is a good performance. Both in ball possession and without ball possession. I think in both aspects the players have done really well. We gave Leeds a real game, we were absolutely competitive, and games like this will get decided by small margins. We have seen it three or four days before, when we played West Brom; a quite tight, even game we were able to pull in our direction.

The goal, we should defend much better, and obviously we had a big chance of Gabby Sara we haven't used. We were not ruthless, like in the last games. This is one of the big reasons why we lost. Congratulations to Leeds, a top team with super attacking individuals. But I think we kept them quite calm. The second half opportunities for them were more produced by our turnovers, where we were not calm on the ball. When we were accurate there was what he is basically saying is that I have been telling a period in the second half everyone could see when we were really able to pin them into their final third without, to be honest, having the final punch in the box. Result, frustrating, but I'm absolutely fine with the performance.

What annoyed me more than allowing the cross was how we defended the grass around our box, I think we had four or five situations before that cross where we have to show more composure on the ball, where we have to be more aggressive in the battles.'

So same old stuff from DW that he has been saying since he started - Not ruthless up front and mistakes cost goal/s
Wagner is saying, " I have been telling you all for ages now that I know what is the problem with the team but I am not the man that can make them any better than what they are. (Mid table championship outfit at best ).

Its like Groundhog day ( season )
If he is unable to fix obvious issues after a year and is soon to have
an even weaker squad and face even stronger competition, there are only 2 solutions.
1. Get in a manager who can.
2. Supply manager with players capable of defending and scoring.

Option 2 is not possible with our useless owners so option 1 it is.

I also really wish that he'd give youth a go - seeing Onel come on to do little, Idah (can he be considered youth still) come on an miss chance after chance, Gibson and Duffy make mistakes, Giannoulis not being able to defend -

I want to see Warner, Aboh, Welch et al get a go, but the noises I hear from the media are that DW is ver very reluctant to give youth a chance and isn't interested in using them. Mate you need to because this club has to sell their best youth and to do that they need to play the top young players.

Remember Lima - great loan that - Now Sorensen is back DW will not promote him and give him a go.

I watched the game live, awful from duffy to leave wankford for a free header but sainz made no effort for james to freely cross. Horrible defending weve seen all season.
Sara missed sitter, terrible miss, is he really brazilian?! And yes idah got on the end of a fast break frim onel and totally fucked it up which i had every faith he would, the boy is sooo shit.
Overall we played some neat footy at times but never looked like scoring, and meslier wont get an easier game. Its the way DW sets us up every game, i get were away at leeds and its a balancing act, but to just hope that we can score a counter att goal every single game is just so lame. Were 16pts off of leeds, 16!!!! Already, put its in context of what a shit season dw has served up and this gap will get larger and we wont make play offs, and it will all be a waste of a season with Zero excitement on the pitch in any game to boot

I watched the game live, awful from duffy to leave wankford for a free header but sainz made no effort for james to freely cross. Horrible defending weve seen all season.
Sara missed sitter, terrible miss, is he really brazilian?! And yes idah got on the end of a fast break frim onel and totally fucked it up which i had every faith he would, the boy is sooo shit.
Overall we played some neat footy at times but never looked like scoring, and meslier wont get an easier game. Its the way DW sets us up every game, i get were away at leeds and its a balancing act, but to just hope that we can score a counter att goal every single game is just so lame. Were 16pts off of leeds, 16!!!! Already, put its in context of what a shit season dw has served up and this gap will get larger and we wont make play offs, and it will all be a waste of a season with Zero excitement on the pitch in any game to boot
How many times have we seen those glimpses of what we can do? See it maybe once a game where we suddenly quickly attack and look good and then it is like DW reminds the players 'no no we don't play like that' and we go back to this boring and crap sit back football.

I just saw that Idah fuck up - Onel literally runs the whole length of the pitch getting past multiple tackles to put a nice pass to Idah who then looks like a blind animal trying to guess where the ball is - he then loses it and give up. still he is a young talent and give him another 10 years and he might be alright.

Sara looks like someone who has had a good xmas period - lots of food and drink. Can't run, tackle or hit a decent shot anymore.

Also, that must be the fourth GK we can say 'will not get an easier game' after playing us - Millwall, Leeds, Bristol R and Southampton - add Liverpool to that next. What a great team we are.

No new additions to the side as dw thinks its amazing.