Team Vs Ipswich | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team Vs Ipswich

I put it (not the Suffolk internet) down to the force coming from Oz......

I think my mantra tantrum seemed to have been etherically cast from the get go.

Looking forward to the highlights for once, AND, we seem to be back all together again.

Oh the power of a local derby victory!!!!!!!

Just back from post match pint.
Great atmosphere and binner support average.

The players seemed to rise to occasion and defend with passion.

Not my end but Sarge seemed to have been taken out in pen area but no foul given, no pen and no red card. ( second half )

The first half foul leading to a yellow for a binner did not seem bad as looked as not much of a foul. Still shouted for a red though.

Good day out.
Now back to work.

Last edited:
The craziness started as we were coming out of TGI (Butterfly was full). There must have been 500+ Norwich supporters outside the Queen of Iceni all chanting at the top of their voices. There were green flares flying about all over the place; one landed on my foot and turned my lovely white trainers yellow.
The deafening sound accompanied us all the way to the ground and into the stadium. The banner over the Barclay end reminded me of my younger days reading AA Milne; the atmosphere was Electric.
Where we sit is usually quite quiet; mostly older people and children but today we were joined by several very healthy men apparently in their mid twenties. I suspected an infiltration of MMA candidates shipped in by the club to keep us from dropping off. I have no real evidence of the truth of that assumption.
Some made the comment of how quiet it went on occasion but in truth I did nt experience it. The wall of Sound would have made Phil Spector proud.
On the field our team were inspired. Whether it was the noisy support of the fans, Grant Holt making an appearance centre stage or Marine abseiling form the roof, I cannot say. Whatever it was motivated our team to play out of their various talented skins.
We dominated the first half despite the blatant fouling diving tactics from Ipswich, which was almost completely condoned by the ref. Nunez' goal was a technical masterpiece in its curving bouncing dumbfounding the goalie.
"Here we come." I thought, "Now we will sit back to 'protect' our lead, like we did v Leicester." I was wrong. We just kept pressing and kept Ipswich on the back foot for the whole of the first Half.
In the second half, although Ipswich had more of the ball, we continued to press and there were some wonderful moments arising from our breaks although not resulting in a further goal. The penalty shout was a long way from where we were so I will leave it to others to adjudge whether it was yet another referee aberration.
I must confess, my expectations for this match were low. I was as sure as I could be that we would lose and that my natural optimism predicted their victory would be narrow. On a good day, with a following wind, we may scrape a nervy draw. I could not be more pleased that I was proven as wrong as ever.

Rex,

The video after the match highlights shows the fans outside the Iceni and the flares. You might be on the video.........