Team Vs Coventry | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team Vs Coventry

Sara doesn't suit a central Midfielder role better as a number 10.

Question.....are we any better now than we were this time last season under ds

Worse if anything …..at least we had Pukki last season , but now the lack of investment in the squad and the total lack of ambition at the club by our aged owners is slowly dragging us further down

Season done

Ipswich win again
Leicester win

They are miles away from us now

Leicester I can wear ex Prem league winners dropped down after long stay in Prem so quality obvious but them down the road up from L1 and almost matching Leics makes me scratch my head, whilst we have just lumbered and laboured stagnant in the middle and at the moment even that is looking fortuitous

Leicester I can wear ex Prem league winners dropped down after long stay in Prem so quality obvious but them down the road up from L1 and almost matching Leics makes me scratch my head, whilst we have just lumbered and laboured stagnant in the middle and at the moment even that is looking fortuitous

Despite being poor IF we had won at Southampton ( dodge pen ),
Rotherham ( only game they have won in 11) , drawn at Swansea and held on yesterday we would have 25 points and only 3 off Binners.
That's how poor this league is.

Indeed so , and the way to have achieved those extra points was to have invested in the squad in the summer , but our owners have failed to see that is what they should have done ..and we all know why .

A decent forward, proper cover for Hanley and a one more midfielder and we could be right up with Leicester and Binners.
We needed another forward in summer and then we needed two by the time the window was closing as we were down to Idah....and our club just said nah we have Gibbs, Nunez and placheta who can play up top. Then they rushed and ended up with their last resort.

Hwang looks like a signing we'd have made under roeder or grant.

We needed another forward in summer and then we needed two by the time the window was closing as we were down to Idah....and our club just said nah we have Gibbs, Nunez and placheta who can play up top. Then they rushed and ended up with their last resort.

Hwang looks like a signing we'd have made under roeder or grant.

A terrible panic signing

Indeed - Lime if they are still keen on him and as you say:
Striker -
Defensive Midfielder
left sided CB
It's okay as super Sorensen is back fit so he can cover defensive midfielder and central defender and knowing DW he'll say Sorensen can play up top.

Also, we loaned Lima who can play defensive midfielder but he was a loan for u21 side because that's a thing now

DW says the results and the table aren't important to him at the moment:

'It's very important that I, or we, don't get driven away by our results too much and I'm aware about the table as well. But I think at this minute this is not the most important thing for us, and for me.'

So if our manager doesn't see the results or table as important at this moment then you can see why this could filter down to the players.

He went on:

'Look, obviously, everyone likes to win games, but we have to be focused now on the day to day work to improve the performances, the individual performances, and collectively the team performance as well.'

So it is the performances that matter and not the results.

He spoke about about the forwards not scoring and putting chances away and it is understandable as we don't have our first choices up front. But I thought Idah was a superstar and a real talent (missing those three chances that were centimetres out of the goal - Also, the solution to this was to bring in a good/decent forward and someone different from the others:

'We have to make sure that we get more out of our chances so we are more clinical. Everybody knows that our first choice strikers are injured for a long while, and will be for some further weeks or even months. We have to find the solutions for this, and this is one of our big challenges. We have also to make sure that we get our players back in a perfect physical shape as well.'

So now the window is closed DW says we have to find solutions to the issues we have up front. I mean how ridiculous.

Chris Sutton starting to blame the fans as usual , and telling us nothing is DWs fault . Shut up Sutton
Well, if its not DWs fault then it can only be the players as we dont kick the bloody football and we keep turning up at every match. Maybe this means that the players will play better if we wernt there!