Team vs Bristol | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team vs Bristol

Gunn mom sums that game up. Must win against swans now. Barnes needs to go, just lollps around trying to draw draw fouls, clear VH is not liked at all as never gets minutes, dont fancy over 2 games against leeds soton or soton, against scum thats a coin flip but id bet against us with this squad, mclean is up for player of seasom somehow yet most games he does suicide passes and never scores, go figure

Missed it all. How did we play?
I would say it wasn't dissimilar to the Preston game. We got away on a few occasions with them missing chances that were created by our own mistakes rather than them cutting us open. Having said that we also missed some chances that we could have put away.
Very unselfish from Sargent for the goal which I liked. He could have shot but squared it so Sainz had a tap in, although it was really close to being offside.

All in all if I had to describe the match I would go with "meh".

Sadly after it went 1 1 there was only going to be one winner so in the end a draw was a fair result.
Never got going and press worked for entire game.

I would say it wasn't dissimilar to the Preston game. We got away on a few occasions with them missing chances that were created by our own mistakes rather than them cutting us open. Having said that we also missed some chances that we could have put away.
Very unselfish from Sargent for the goal which I liked. He could have shot but squared it so Sainz had a tap in, although it was really close to being offside.

All in all if I had to describe the match I would go with "meh".
Cheers for that. So basically the usual then? That's the DW issue in that he has one game plan in a match and will never change and very inconsistent. In the premiership we'd be mince meat. I can only see us beating wba but saints, Leeds, and Ipswich I think would beat us.

I heard that he threw on Sorensen and Fassnacht but not another forward in svh.

I dread what would happen if we went up . The old ‘self funded club ‘ would re-appear ….. football impoverished Smiff will be clinging on causing us worldwide embarrassment every time the old gal opens her mouth , and presumably we would carry on with the the proven Prem failures of Gibson , Hanley and liability McCrap while DW tries to con us all that the likes of Sargent and Bruiser Barnes are Prem class strikers . We would probably do a Luton or Sheff Utd

Cheers for that. So basically the usual then? That's the DW issue in that he has one game plan in a match and will never change and very inconsistent. In the premiership we'd be mince meat. I can only see us beating wba but saints, Leeds, and Ipswich I think would beat us.

I heard that he threw on Sorensen and Fassnacht but not another forward in svh.
That is correct. He clearly doesn't rate svh. The thing that was probably more annoying than anything is who is coming off is so predictable. I didn't mind either of them coming on but it's the players so come off seem so predetermined. Like McLean was giving it away left, right and centre yesterday but you knew he was in no danger of coming off. It was also obvious that Sainz would come off for Rowe and no chance of us trying to have quite an excitingly offensive attack and midfield of Sainz, Rowe, Sara behind Sargent and Nunez in midfield. Personally I would have liked Sorensen next to Nunez as again I think he has a good range of passing, or even drop Sara deeper and Fassacht out wide.The issue is we know that Barnes and McLean must be shoehorned in there so no chance of that happening.

I dread what would happen if we went up . The old ‘self funded club ‘ would re-appear ….. football impoverished Smiff will be clinging on causing us worldwide embarrassment every time the old gal opens her mouth , and presumably we would carry on with the the proven Prem failures of Gibson , Hanley and liability McCrap while DW tries to con us all that the likes of Sargent and Bruiser Barnes are Prem class strikers . We would probably do a Luton or Sheff Utd
It will be the old "self funded" like you say with maybe a touch of we can't spend as we need to reduce the debt but next time we will have a real go at it.
I can't see us being as competitive as Luton but going out with a whimper and terrible football like Sheffield will be on the cards.

That is correct. He clearly doesn't rate svh. The thing that was probably more annoying than anything is who is coming off is so predictable. I didn't mind either of them coming on but it's the players so come off seem so predetermined. Like McLean was giving it away left, right and centre yesterday but you knew he was in no danger of coming off. It was also obvious that Sainz would come off for Rowe and no chance of us trying to have quite an excitingly offensive attack and midfield of Sainz, Rowe, Sara behind Sargent and Nunez in midfield. Personally I would have liked Sorensen next to Nunez as again I think he has a good range of passing, or even drop Sara deeper and Fassacht out wide.The issue is we know that Barnes and McLean must be shoehorned in there so no chance of that happening.

It will be the old "self funded" like you say with maybe a touch of we can't spend as we need to reduce the debt but next time we will have a real go at it.
I can't see us being as competitive as Luton but going out with a whimper and terrible football like Sheffield will be on the cards.
100% - As you say, I have seen games where McLean or Sara have been awful, yet we all know they are not getting subbed.

The subs are always the same. It is ridiculous. Rowe is now fit, so I'd like to see him in for Barnes and move Sara behind Sargent.

We go up, and we will have no money.

I read that most of the fans were frustrated and annoyed by Saturday's game, but our manager was pleased with the result.

Brilliant.

DW said on the game:

'No. No frustration at all. I am satisfied with the point if I consider the performance we have shown, which was not at our level or what we demand. If I see the results on other pitches, and I know how difficult it is to win football matches, especially at this stage of the Championship season - if you can't win a game, then at least we take a point. Obviously, we wanted to have more and would have loved to have more, but at the end of the day, we have seen, and I said this before, a Bristol (City) side that is a good side and plays with a real freedom. We were not energetic or at the level we had been at before.'

'Our step-up pressure, counter-press, backward press, second balls—everything was not on the level that we have shown in recent months. Technically, we were not clean and had a lot of turnovers because of our technique. This means that the opponent got a lot of good opportunities, which we are not used to normally. Luckily, we had one player who was at his top level, and this was Gunny. We take a point. Performance-wise, we know we can do better. After the game, I can say this is a very good point and there is one game less, and the gap to our competitors is the same. This means we keep going in the drivers seat, recover and try to play and perform better. They worked hard, fought and I have no complaints about the effort or the attitude but today we were not as fresh or energetic as we were in recent weeks. Is it nice? No. But can it happen? Yes. In games like this, you have to try and get a point.'

So happy with a point at home

Ink un even mention how poor McLean was on Saturday but suggests that Nunez or Sainz will be the ones to give way for Rowe to get back into the side.

As of 2024, the play-offs comprise two semi-finals, where the team finishing third plays the team finishing sixth, and the team finishing fourth plays the team finishing fifth, each conducted as a two-legged tie. The winners of the semi-finals progress to the final which is contested at Wembley Stadium.

So if we play Ippo beat them over the two ties we might have to build a belfast style wall and gate as they wont be very happy having been in the top two so long and facing the Champ again - mind you if we lose.....

So if we play Ippo beat them over the two ties we might have to build a belfast style wall and gate as they wont be very happy having been in the top two so long and facing the Champ again

That scenario would beat the Klose equaliser.
It would be marvellous.
Nick Mueller would be weaping in his mustard pot.