Team vs Bournemouth | Page 11 | Vital Football

Team vs Bournemouth

Rupp getting a slating.

Ann on phone was on the ball saying we were told we don't need to sell and players won't force way out and now possibly losing 3 of better players adding to that Lewis who went for cheap in today's football.

I didn't realise Rupp was 30

2nd half was much improved esp when mcpoop and rupee went off but our final ball is crap, aarons cant cross, pukki choose wrong balls, weve currently got no one who can thread a pass and split a defence like emi can. If he goes plus aarons and cantwell we will be mid table. We wont have time or spend the money to buy adequate replacements

DF says some harsh but true words on Cantwell. Doesn't sound like Cantwell has impressed DF.

'Yes, I love this player but the last league was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago. You have to show you are switched on and fully focused'

Would you guys rather leitner/trybull over Rupp McLean?
Great question. I think theres not much in that but i always thought trybull was decent and leitner good at champ lvl, rupp i dont see anything other than an average lightweight player and mclean i used to think was decent but now is noticeably getting worse and worse

1 win in 16 apparently....that is not great and how long will DF get? I'm not saying sack him just asking how many games would he get.

DF says some harsh but true words on Cantwell. Doesn't sound like Cantwell has impressed DF.

'Yes, I love this player but the last league was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago. You have to show you are switched on and fully focused'
I dont think cantwell i that great, rates himself more. When hes on song he can be very good but too many times last season he got caught on the ball or tried clever flicks which didnt cone off, he will be v good in time but right now we can do without him so long as emi stays

'Yes, I love this player but the last league was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago. You have to show you are switched on and fully focused. With all respect, with these statistics, let’s be honest I could have played Grant Hanley or Christoph Zimmermann up front and they wouldn’t assist less situations.'

'If you are there with such statistics, you have to show that you are ready to improve and that you are ready to work for this club, that you are fully focused and switched on.

'If you want a coach who just picks a team by potential, or name, or that he has to somehow be grateful that this player plays for Norwich City, I will just pick players who are desperate and willing to work their socks off and know the responsibility to play for this club. I don’t think this club owes the player anything, it is the other way round. This club makes sure that they can live such a privileged life.'

'I don’t blame them, I’m not angry with them, I know we are all human beings but I hope this bloody transfer window will close soon.'

'I think some players are capable to deal with it (transfer speculation) Max Aarons is a role model in how to deal with it but some players are affected. Of course you would wish that they put this to the side and know their responsibility but obviously some players can’t do this, I do not blame them, they are human beings and this is perhaps natural.

So it sounds like Cantwell head has gone be sure of the Leeds link.

'I am not letting my level drop and for this I don’t mind if there are rumours or speculation or whatever.'

Asked if any offer had come in

'We need their quality, I got the feeling that Emi Buendia should be the outstanding offensive player in this league and Todd Cantwell should be the outstanding midfield player in this league. I made it clear several times that I would not even sell them for £50million, not even £100million, because we need their quality in order to reach our claims. When there is a crazy offer then it is up to the key people in our club to make a decision, without any doubt I am not naive, we are a self-funded club, we have to deal with this.'

So if players leave it's not up to DF. He wouldn't sell for lower than 50 million.

'But all I know so far is no offer is in for them , no player and for that I expect as long as nothing happens that they are fully switched on and know their responsibilities to pay back - this is what I expect and not one percent less.'

1 win in 16 apparently....that is not great and how long will DF get? I'm not saying sack him just asking how many games would he get.

I would rather change the owners in order to give ANY Norwich manager a chance. DF has had so much football talent sold from underneath him.
Instead of being able to build a team around the youngsters they will get sold.

FARKE UP SAYS "It was difficult when you play a side defending with a five-man formation and three midfield players in front of them." ( MAYBE You should try that then DF.
The thing is why doesn't DF have a plan to deal with that and break them down? At HT you're 1 down with Rupp and Skipp playing as defensive midfielders and McLean on a yellow and not up to much. Go out the 2nd with McLean off and idah on break down that wa with two forwards on....DF always seems to give the 11 time to try to rectify things and nearly everytime leaves changing it way too late. Hugill on the 82nd, idah 76th. And when he does this I notice the 11 don't seem to have a structure or clue where there are playing or how to play. Most of the game we were going to Hernandez who was looking dangerous but then DF took him off for idah and them we seemed to just pass it to Aarons to cross it to no-one and most of the time Aarons couldn't cross it. We then throw on hugill and then get 1 maybe two crosses in? Pukki seemed to drift to the right wing, Placheta has bags of pace yet not one ball played over the top for him to chase. All slow build up. On Placheta it felt like they were deliberately avoiding passing to him. It did feel like Bournemouth knew we wouldn't be able to break them down. I don't remember that many great chances apart from Rupp nice shot. It's only three games but the crap from last season still seems to be around which makes sense as 8 of the 11 were there. I feel like we signed loads of new players but it was a dream and we only signed two loan players on Skipp and xavi and one permanent one in Placheta. Sorensen and dowell are injured, Gibson and hugill can't get in 11. Mumba is not involved, McCallum, sinani and Sitti out on loan...who else wish we sign in the summer?