Team versus Boro | Page 5 | Vital Football

Team versus Boro

DW on the Game

'First and foremost I understand the supporters’ frustration. I take the blame. This is a manager’s life. Six or seven weeks ago it was the best start ever. The good thing is we know how quick it can change in the other direction, and only we can do that. I understand the frustration. They have every right. I take the blame. We have to go back to the quality we have. A new game, a new opportunity. I still have trust and belief in this group. They showed even in this game character, they tried, they worked until the final second, but they are affected in terms of confidence. We concede too many goals, even if these two goals were not based on tactics or formations.'

so he thinks we still did okay tonight and they showed character.

He says that the side are low on confidence

'We looked affected, confidence-wise, in ball possession. I said this before the game that we have to make sure we don’t get caught up in the noise or by the run of results. Unfortunately, I felt we did in this game and this is something we have to make sure we stop. We conceded two goals through individual mistakes where we were not concentrated or focused in those moments.'
so basically the players didn't take in what DW said to them before the game. I like how it's the fans noise that is having an affect on them....of course it's our fault.
'Football life is never easy. There will be some hard days. This is a hard day and hard period. Now it is important to stick together, speak about what went wrong, and try to find a way to get this confidence back into the players so they can play on the level they are capable of.'

There are reasons why fans respond as they do. Norwich fans are remarkably patient and forgiving while teams are being rebuilt and getting used to each other. However, when established teams make the same predictable moves and commit rookie blunders as our team did yesterday, patience wears thin.
It is disingenuous to claim performance is driven by the fans when in fact it is the fans reaction to performance. The rare moments of good performance were properly applauded whereas the inconsistencies received the appropriate response.

He says that the side are low on confidence

'We looked affected, confidence-wise, in ball possession. I said this before the game that we have to make sure we don’t get caught up in the noise or by the run of results. Unfortunately, I felt we did in this game and this is something we have to make sure we stop. We conceded two goals through individual mistakes where we were not concentrated or focused in those moments.'
so basically the players didn't take in what DW said to them before the game. I like how it's the fans noise that is having an affect on them....of course it's our fault.
'Football life is never easy. There will be some hard days. This is a hard day and hard period. Now it is important to stick together, speak about what went wrong, and try to find a way to get this confidence back into the players so they can play on the level they are capable of.'
Speak about what went wrong and then carry on repeating it.

A long walk home after game including a sniffter and then straight to bed as did 22 k steps yesterday and already done 10 k today.
Now about to start work but before I do a quick summary of the game as I saw it.
Average players with no confidence arranged badly by a terrible manager who once again reached half time without being behind despite opposition having several chances.
Once again there must have been a confusing half time talk as depite having kick off, conceded within a minute including passing back to keeper. An old fashioned forward pass from kick off would have been preferably.
Once ahead Boro started to look as bad as us and we could have got back into the game but as usual failed to score.
After that 20 minutes Boro improved again and we went back to being as bad as first half.
Time for subs.
Idah is terrible and Hwang maybe even worse but I am not sure if he even touched the ball once or twice ?
Onel was bad. Sainz never really got going.
Fassnacht and Placheta make no difference.

Time wasting including drawn up subs gave us 9 mins added on time to get an equaliser.
The crowd roar and encourage the team who let one in straight away . Game over. At least 6000 fans walk out.
I stayed until the bitter end. Great goal by Rowe but still just a consolation. Still 2 mins to play which was all spent in our half.

Boooos at end. Players lying on pitch.

If it was not for the 5 pubs my brother and I went to before the game I would not have bothered going.

First time in 50 years My brother and I discuss about not re newing season tickets.

We need Smiffs, Webbers and Wagner all out before anything will change.

A long walk home after game including a sniffter and then straight to bed as did 22 k steps yesterday and already done 10 k today.
Now about to start work but before I do a quick summary of the game as I saw it.
Average players with no confidence arranged badly by a terrible manager who once again reached half time without being behind despite opposition having several chances.
Once again there must have been a confusing half time talk as depite having kick off, conceded within a minute including passing back to keeper. An old fashioned forward pass from kick off would have been preferably.
Once ahead Boro started to look as bad as us and we could have got back into the game but as usual failed to score.
After that 20 minutes Boro improved again and we went back to being as bad as first half.
Time for subs.
Idah is terrible and Hwang maybe even worse but I am not sure if he even touched the ball once or twice ?
Onel was bad. Sainz never really got going.
Fassnacht and Placheta make no difference.

Time wasting including drawn up subs gave us 9 mins added on time to get an equaliser.
The crowd roar and encourage the team who let one in straight away . Game over. At least 6000 fans walk out.
I stayed until the bitter end. Great goal by Rowe but still just a consolation. Still 2 mins to play which was all spent in our half.

Boooos at end. Players lying on pitch.

If it was not for the 5 pubs my brother and I went to before the game I would not have bothered going.

First time in 50 years My brother and I discuss about not re newing season tickets.

We need Smiffs, Webbers and Wagner all out before anything will change.
thanks for the write up.

Can you confirm if the fans were singing 'We want Wagner out' or 'We want Webbers out'? One Norwich media site says that the fans were indeed singing 'Wagner out'

I just heard the boos at the end .The fans should be directing their anger at the coffin dodgers who have dragged our club down to this abysmal level .

Also, why not play Warner - the guy was very good in the cup and his reward for that was to be pushed back to the u23s and not feature for the first team - the same with Fisher he looked good in the cup and his reward to not get any game time. Forshaw played well in his one start and has since not seen much if any time.

The 11 needs a shake up - stop playing the same back four! push Sara up as the number 10 because he does seem to struggle in the central midfield of two.

Game even worse than Saturday. Just like Leeds , Boro had the same stats … 19 shots and 8 on target , but this time we only had 2 shots on target all game . Nothing had improved since Saturday . Utterly disgraceful

thanks for the write up.

Can you confirm if the fans were singing 'We want Wagner out' or 'We want Webbers out'? One Norwich media site says that the fans were indeed singing 'Wagner out'

Bears.
I did not pick up on that.
Not too loud.
Just heard the boos.
The ground was half empty by final whistle.

Batth must be thinking 'why the fuck did I sign' - DW obviously doesn't rate or want him. Didn't he get the player of the season at Sunderland last season?

time to change it up!

Also, why not play Warner - the guy was very good in the cup and his reward for that was to be pushed back to the u23s and not feature for the first team - the same with Fisher he looked good in the cup and his reward to not get any game time. Forshaw played well in his one start and has since not seen much if any time.

The 11 needs a shake up - stop playing the same back four! push Sara up as the number 10 because he does seem to struggle in the central midfield of two.
Absolutely FC. Wagner is terrified of upsetting players and our coaching team are pathetic.