Team v Rotherham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Team v Rotherham

I don't understand why he was ted us to just contain we should have gone on to score another couple.

We had maybe two more chances after the fifth which showed we could still do it, but it was the usual DW football of backwards and sideways, but still 5-0 is fab and into top 6.

Great to see Aboh get on.

I suspect DW instructed the players to contain. This would give the substitutes little chance to score and put more pressure on the defenders.
And sit them back on the bench next time - hold and contain - cant think of anything thats more depressing for a footballer than having to stagnate your energy and pay possession passing when you're frustrated at not getting game time - Im surprised we get loanees to just tread water for something to do

Also sounds like we have another injury in giannoulis who DW confirmed had pulled a hamstring and had had to go for scans as is not a great one.

DW getting forced into considering his benches for a start just to get bodies on the field - mmmm mixed feelings about that

I don't understand why he was ted us to just contain we should have gone on to score another couple.

We had maybe two more chances after the fifth which showed we could still do it, but it was the usual DW football of backwards and sideways, but still 5-0 is fab and into top 6.

Great to see Aboh get on.
I wonder if they wanted to sure up the clean sheet?

So Giannoulis will be out for a few weeks to a month. The club has not given a specific date but has confirmed he should return before the end of the season.

The scan revealed that the hamstring injury was as serious as DW thought.

U21 left-back Montoia is also out injured, leaving us with McCallum as the only recognised Left back. Of course, there is super McLean and Sorensen, but I'd rather not have to rely on those two for the run-in at left-back.

This is McCallum's chance to show why he should get a new deal and an extended run in the team. Last season he got the opportunity, and sod's law, he picked up an injury too.

Noises are that the club would only offer a new deal to Giannouls if we went up (why - why - why. He isn't good enough for the premiership. if we go up let him go and the same if we are in the championship too)

Noises are that the club would only offer a new deal to Giannouls if we went up (why - why - why. He isn't good enough for the premiership. if we go up let him go and the same if we are in the championship too)

GI's wage level being too high for the Championship without parachute receipts.
Remember there are rules that only 70% (i think it 70% now - down from 90%)
of a clubs revenues can be spent on football related costs.

If we are in the Championship I expect McCallum to get a new contract and
Shipley / Stewart providing the competition for the first team left back spot.

Enjoy!

GI's wage level being too high for the Championship without parachute receipts.
Remember there are rules that only 70% (i think it 70% now - down from 90%)
of a clubs revenues can be spent on football related costs.

If we are in the Championship I expect McCallum to get a new contract and
Shipley / Stewart providing the competition for the first team left back spot.

Enjoy!
Do we know how much Giannoulis is on? I'd be interested to see.

Shipley, Montoia, and McLean :-) are backups. The good thing about Shipley is that he can also play as a left-footed central defender. I think Stewart's contract is up in June, and at 21 going on 22, I think he might be one of the players that the club lets go of.

Do we know how much Giannoulis is on? I'd be interested to see.

Shipley, Montoia, and McLean :-) are backups. The good thing about Shipley is that he can also play as a left-footed central defender. I think Stewart's contract is up in June, and at 21 going on 22, I think he might be one of the players that the club lets go of.

Sean Stewart was 21 in Jan 2024 (DOB 21/1/03)
Unless he is home sick I doubt the club will let him go.

We also know Sorensen can play left back in the Championship.