Team v Burton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team v Burton

Obviously, the weather isn't helping things, but it's the same for both sides and we look desperately short of ideas. The same as last week, but at least we looked lively in the first half at Donny.

During that first half did Hanlan actually touch the ball? Gills passing was diabolical first half. Cisse, Marshall and Ndjoli need to try passing to the guys in blue.
Good to see Barry Fuller being his usual belligerent self.

Obviously, the weather isn't helping things, but it's the same for both sides and we look desperately short of ideas. The same as last week, but at least we looked lively in the first half at Donny.

Short of ideas, two games into the season. Not good.

It looks like Evans has made some good signings but certainly Burton have been the better side and in the first half. Problems still need addressing.

Evans said on Twitter he didn't expect Marshall to last more than an hour, so to use all our subs so early is a bit strange. Let's hope it works.

Sure there will be a lot of people here who disagree - but, apart from the odd crunching tackle, I’m not convinced by Fuller.

Last week quite a few late tackles and fortunate not to have had 2 yellows. Also Doncaster goal came from his side.

Today, he has cut inside every time and then gone long and high. We need the left back to be linking up with List and playing him through on the ground.

Just one of seven who keep booting the ball in the general direction of over there.
Every free kick has been a lob into the mix. All very direct all very predictable.

I agree in that it was a miracle Barry managed to stay on the pitch against Doncaster (he won't be so lucky next time) and he is a bit of a headless chicken at times, but I wouldn't want to single him out. Everyone else on the pitch today was at least as bad. At least you notice him playing.

Basically what we've got is the same as we had last season, but instead of a team of tryers, we've got a load of journeymen from Milton Keynes, loanees to the Scottish lower divisions and Premiership never-will-be's.

Evans is articulate and talked a good game on Radio Kent last week. I'd like to see what his excuse is for that crap.