Team Sheet (RIP Matchday Programme) | Vital Football

Team Sheet (RIP Matchday Programme)

Well I shall buy a teamsheet. Never seem to hear the matchday squad announced so it will be a useful source of info.

Out of interest, are other clubs also ceasing to sell programmes? It seems such a shame, my dad has hundreds and hundreds of them, we rarely missed having one but we're part of the problem as we also stopped buying a few seasons back as all the info was available on line. It was part of the Matchday tradition,...go to match, go home, have a Chinese, buy the "green un", and read that and the programme in the evening. Happy days.

Confused about the £11.50 subscription for 23 L1 home matches (plus free cup matches). Since this is ordered via the Ticketmaster portal it has all the script for match day tickets, ie post or collect from SB, but then also states for home games it is an e ticket (print at home/ to wallet etc).

Do I collect whenever I want (including on matchday itself) and the system logs I have done so? And/or will I receive an electronic version?

Interesting,I was planning to buy my first program for four years tomorrow. Simply so I could see the names and numbers of the new players, having not been to a home pre season friendly for the first time in a lot of years.

I understand the move though with website information and Liam Scully’s comments about how little are sold.

Sad move but business’s must adapt to the modern era.

It’s a real shame to see the demise of programmes. part of the matchday experience. Understandable though that it’s come down to finances, etc and I suppose was inevitable. In this day though and age you can just create your own template on your home computer, print it off, and tick off the names when they announce them on the day, or go by the team sheet announced on the forum via your phone.

Programmes used to have a number printed on, and there was a draw at half time. I think the prize was ten shillings (maybe even a pound) in the days when admission was two shillings.
I remember my dad winning once or twice.

Seems to me that the enhanced(?) team sheet, is a sensible way to continue the ability to have a record of the match without incurring the losses that had been spoken about. This way, although not ideal, collectors can still continue. From what I understand, any significant games may still have a programme produced, so not all is lost. I used to collect avidly in my younger days but stopped sometime in the 90s due to increasing costs and space they too, up. Got rid of the lot at one of the programme fairs some years back keeping just a few significant ones. Last one I bought was the play off final.

Seems to me that the enhanced(?) team sheet, is a sensible way to continue the ability to have a record of the match without incurring the losses that had been spoken about. This way, although not ideal, collectors can still continue. From what I understand, any significant games may still have a programme produced, so not all is lost. I used to collect avidly in my younger days but stopped sometime in the 90s due to increasing costs and space they too, up. Got rid of the lot at one of the programme fairs some years back keeping just a few significant ones. Last one I bought was the play off final.
I’ve got about 3,500 stashed away

Used to catch the 47 from my house up to petticoat lane for the Sunday market and the programme seller stall was the best stall there.
Sad times. Have they renamed petticoat lane?

Well I spent my 50p. Main plus point was it obviously had the actual teams rather than just a squad list. Other plus points. No can’t think of any.