Tayo to Blackburn? | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tayo to Blackburn?

When comparing transfers from the period over 25 years ago, we should not forget the impact of the Bosman ruling. Whether for good or ill, there is now pressure on clubs to sell marketable players "early" to obtain a transfer fee

I agree. I think with the current board it's completely reasonable to believe that if a transfer is agreed it's because it's in the best interests of the team - i.e. the transfer will ultimately result in a realistic opportunity for the first team to be better than it was before the transfer.

That is not something I've always believed to be the case.

All true. Also, we've gone from the bottom of the Conference (almost) to the top of L1 in 6 years. You have to change your squad every year to maintain that level of achievement and challenge, especially with the quality gap between divisions seemingly getting wider every year.

Yeah this is it really. The player turnover over the last few years has been massive hasn't it, and for every player who has moved on for a chunk of cash there have been two or three who've slipped down the pecking order and eventually been shipped out fairly quietly, Jones being the latest one. And that has to happen to keep improving - for all that they were great for us at the time how many of the Conference winning team would anyone want back?

You're supporting the wrong club if signing, developing and selling players for the right price is a legitimate concern - especially when it's completely in line with the stated philosophy of the Board.

All the best in your search for a non-selling club.

Oh stop being so obtuse, silly little boy.

Dundee United fans seem to think Robson is keen to come but his missus isn't keen on moving to England. Some saying he has been down here over the weekend showing his good lady the City and surrounds.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
I remember Ravenelli signing for Middlesbrough and had never been there. He was send a box set of All Creatures Great and Small videos to show him what the countryside was like. Imagine his face when he saw what it was really like.
I'm biased, but if Mrs Robson has had a look around Lincoln over the weekend she will realise there are a lot worse places to live. It's a beautiful city.

An important part of the model is ‘retaining an interest’ in players.
Would be surprised if Grant went much further but if Edun say goes to Premier League from Blackburn then you would be talking millions.

Hope she didn't see the smashed Imp?
Think Boro's expensive imports were all shacked up a few miles south in well-heeled Yarm.

An important part of the model is ‘retaining an interest’ in players.
Would be surprised if Grant went much further but if Edun say goes to Premier League from Blackburn then you would be talking millions.

the only interest we have in Grant is watching the Posh fail!

All true. Also, we've gone from the bottom of the Conference (almost) to the top of L1 in 6 years. You have to change your squad every year to maintain that level of achievement and challenge, especially with the quality gap between divisions seemingly getting wider every year.

Agreed, like any business you have to change and evolve to survive.

Since the age of 11 I’ve always known Lincoln to be a selling club like most in the EFL. If some think this is something new then they haven’t been watching City for very long.

Since the age of 11 I’ve always known Lincoln to be a selling club like most in the EFL. If some think this is something new then they haven’t been watching City for very long.
I remember the waste of cash every time we changed manager. Previous regime players were not just leaving for free, we were having to pay up their contracts to get rid. And that had a regular rinse and repeat cycle.

We've always been a selling club, Harford was the first player I remember been sold and even recently when our budget was competitive in L2 we still sold Woodyard and Ragget.
It's not like we are selling to pay off debts or fund Clives new yacht, we're selling so we can invest in the squad.

We've always been a selling club, Harford was the first player I remember been sold and even recently when our budget was competitive in L2 we still sold Woodyard and Ragget.
It's not like we are selling to pay off debts or fund Clives new yacht, we're selling so we can invest in the squad.
How is Clive going to fund his new yacht then?