Talksport presenter Gills fan | Vital Football

Talksport presenter Gills fan

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Was listening to a bit of Talksport this morning, they were talking about the lack of sales of matchday programmes these days, where only around a fifth of fans attending buy one as opposed to 20 years ago when around 70% would buy one.
Anyway the guy in the studio said that his Dad used to take him to Priestfield regularly when he was a kid and they'd always buy one. I was only in the car for about 5 minutes around 11:15 but assumed he was the host. Anyone know who he is?

Had a little look at the schedule:

" 11:00am

EFL GameDay Live - Sheffield United v Burnley

Dan Windle presents live commentary of Sheffield United v Burnley in the EFL Championship with Adam Bridge and Chris Iwelumo. Scotland v Fiji in the Autumn Nations Series is on talkSPORT 2."

It's obviously not Iwelumo, can find little information on Dan Windle or Adam Bridge, possibly one of those two. Bridge is a West Ham fan, and Dan speaks with a southern accent.

Always nice to discover a Gills fan/sympathiser in the media.

Yes agree, it's probably this Dan Windle then as it says that he presents, and I think it sounds like Bridge and Iwelumo are commentators for the Sheff Utd game. He definitely had a southern accent, but like you, just had a look and there's a bit about him but nothing about his roots.

Was listening to a bit of Talksport this morning, they were talking about the lack of sales of matchday programmes these days, where only around a fifth of fans attending buy one as opposed to 20 years ago when around 70% would buy one.
Anyway the guy in the studio said that his Dad used to take him to Priestfield regularly when he was a kid and they'd always buy one. I was only in the car for about 5 minutes around 11:15 but assumed he was the host. Anyone know who he is?
A few years ago I decided that programmes were not worth 3 quid.
Most pages repetitive one match to the next - or adverts.
Only a few pages with something new.

A couple of years ago, at Ebbsfleet (I think) they sold a cut down programme for £1.
It was probably less than 1/3rd the number of pages - but all relevant - so better vfm.

A few years ago I decided that programmes were not worth 3 quid.
Most pages repetitive one match to the next - or adverts.
Only a few pages with something new.

A couple of years ago, at Ebbsfleet (I think) they sold a cut down programme for £1.
It was probably less than 1/3rd the number of pages - but all relevant - so better vfm.
I prefer vpl.😁

Always nice to discover a Gills fan/sympathiser in the media.

We’ve had a few over the years.

Not only the legendary Brian Moore. But currently Martin Fookes (BBC World Service) and Haydn Parry are Gills fans in the media.

Back in the day (mid 90’s onwards) Martin used to do the anchoring of the Saturday afternoon (overnight here) world service sports show and he’d always get in a mention of Gills. Great days and I used to stay up most Saturday nights/Sunday mornings listening in as Gills climbed the leagues. Memories.

Joe Wilkinson, for those who don't know this comedian, he's always on Out of 10 Cats with Jimmy Carr. Also Have I Got News For You, Mock the Week, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and lots more. His wikipedia states he's a supporter of Gillingham FC. So there you are, it's official. Saw him at the last home game.

Joe Wilkinson, for those who don't know this comedian, he's always on Out of 10 Cats with Jimmy Carr. Also Have I Got News For You, Mock the Week, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and lots more. His wikipedia states he's a supporter of Gillingham FC. So there you are, it's official. Saw him at the last home game.
And is an incredibly funny man. Also in afterlife as the postman.

Had a picture taken with him at the Portsmouth away game a couple of years ago and he sent it to his good mate Rob Beckett who I used to teach. Small world.

He sat in Medway Lower near me, used to see him most weeks but similarly I haven't seen him at Priestfield in ages.

On a similar but completely different tack (if that’s possible).

When I was back in UK a few years ago, we got tickets to see Fulham v Norwich in the Championship. Seats a few rows back from the dug outs.

We sat a couple of seats away from Richard Osman. He’s an absolute mountain of a man. Glad we weren’t right behind him.

Reactions: PuB
He sat in Medway Lower near me, used to see him most weeks but similarly I haven't seen him at Priestfield in ages.
He sat a couple of rows in front of me in the Rainham End earlier in the season, can't remember which game it was, he had children with him so assume it was a family day out,

Bradley Dack’s wife has just gone in I’m a Celeb, does she count?