Takeover rumours thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Takeover rumours thread

Not Mike Baldwin, surely.

Let it go TT. He's long gone. All about the future now...
You're reading too much into a post in jest- and there's been plenty since Mike Baldwin to whom that description applies.

As long as we don't go back to the future!

Does anyone agree our mess is self inflicted >>?

Mousset, Freeman, Robinson, Burke, Brewster , Mcburnie maybe ?

65 miliion ish ?no wonder the board have tightened the purse strings ?

But the Prince is shyte, didn't back the then manager who obviously isn't remotely to blame for tunnel vision on signings before skulking out the back door like a thief in the night.
All the Princes fault.

Every club makes bad signings. Moose had his moments, but wasn't disciplined enough, McBurnie hasnt been prolific enough but we've used him as a battering ram. Brewster has been, for the money paid, the biggest disappointment. He wasnt very good in the mans game, and has now had a season off due to his extended injury. Maybe when he is fit and on the pitch, he will have also developed mentally. I have my doubts, but I'd love to see us get a bit of value out of him.

Every club makes bad signings. Moose had his moments, but wasn't disciplined enough, McBurnie hasnt been prolific enough but we've used him as a battering ram. Brewster has been, for the money paid, the biggest disappointment. He wasnt very good in the mans game, and has now had a season off due to his extended injury. Maybe when he is fit and on the pitch, he will have also developed mentally. I have my doubts, but I'd love to see us get a bit of value out of him.
Some of our fanbase don't seem to remember how good Mousett was in that first season,he was a very big threat but he didn't have the appetite to keep that wonderful form goin.It does make mi smile how some(one in particular) that were beggin our Chris not to leave BDBL one week then turned on him apparently forgettin that wiout his contribution we probably wunt have made the Premier League,think back to where we were when Our Chris took the job, but as always we're all entitled to our opinion. UTB

But the Prince is shyte, didn't back the then manager who obviously isn't remotely to blame for tunnel vision on signings before skulking out the back door like a thief in the night.
All the Princes fault.
Please don't go Chris,:ROFLMAO:Wait till we lose 3 or 4 on the bounce then i've no doubt you'll be sayin Hecky will be shite again just like you were sayin when Boro started catchin us for a spell last season,worra duck egg.:ROFLMAO: UTB

I'm up at the Scottish Open Golf and of course watching the Blades greatest golfer...Matty Fitz. Ran into his dad in the crowd again who is the nicest man ever who said that his son had been asked twice in the last 6 months to invest in the Blades.. once by the Prince and once by an American consortium. Dad very wisely told his son to not get involved with either.

I'm up at the Scottish Open Golf and of course watching the Blades greatest golfer...Matty Fitz. Ran into his dad in the crowd again who is the nicest man ever who said that his son had been asked twice in the last 6 months to invest in the Blades.. once by the Prince and once by an American consortium. Dad very wisely told his son to not get involved with either.
Very wise advice his money would disappear quicker than that hole in one he hit last month

777 American based investment company remain interested in buying DEM MIGHTY BLADES.If they do takeover hope we're not callin em 666. UTB

777 American based investment company remain interested in buying DEM MIGHTY BLADES.If they do takeover hope we're not callin em 666. UTB

Americans only invest in “soccer” clubs for one of two reasons.
Personal kudos and fame; or to make money.
Sometimes, if they are lucky (smart), they achieve both.
Although one may well gain immense kudos from owning the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc., I doubt if owning Sheffield United is ever likely to bring you much in that direction.
Therefore, the motivation must be to make a profit.
Knowing how American private equity firms work - this worries me.

Why this worries me, I have no idea, because at the present rate of progress, I am unlikely to be around long enough to feel the elation or despair that any such change of ownership may bring.

Last edited: