Takeover deal is off!!! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Takeover deal is off!!!

Weweregoodonce - 13/1/2017 22:28

Fawaz said "as it stands" !!!
Could it be a call my bluff to Americans??

The thought did cross my mind

I don't think he's bright enough to take these guys on like that and win!

He probably thinks he us though

Jimmy Gordon - 13/1/2017 22:35

If it was a bluff he wouldn't have needed to recall all the loanees, just pull out and issue the statement, that and the embargo lift tell you all you need to know sadly. ...

I was always suspicious why he wanted to retain 20 % ownership of the club. It seems that he doesn't want to sell his toy, or even worse that he is afraid someone else will succeed where he failed.

Sorry #NFFC fans not trying to be cryptic just suspected would be hard for anyone to get genuinely fair deal over the line w/current regime

paul faulkener

CornishForest - 13/1/2017 22:39

Jimmy Gordon - 13/1/2017 22:35

If it was a bluff he wouldn't have needed to recall all the loanees, just pull out and issue the statement, that and the embargo lift tell you all you need to know sadly. ...

Yep he must have known it wasn't happening when he started calling the loans back

If it is completely dead, and I wouldn't reach that conclusion just yet, this has wider issues in us finding a purchaser.

We've now had dealings, to some extent or another, with at least five different interested parties and Fawaz will start to be perceived as a Bogus Vendor, people literally won't even be willing to start the process given the costs that it incurs.

JJM & Co will have spent in excess of £3m in funding and costs to get to this stage, some of it will be recoverable, but it's still a ridiculous amount just to kick the tyres.

When Fawaz arrived he was referred to as the man who saved us when no one else would, that was never true. The issue we have now is that Fawaz is culling the field to find the "new Fawaz".

LyttleByLyttle - 13/1/2017 22:46

If it is completely dead, and I wouldn't reach that conclusion just yet, this has wider issues in us finding a purchaser.

We've now had dealings, to some extent or another, with at least five different interested parties and Fawaz will start to be perceived as a Bogus Vendor, people literally won't even be willing to start the process given the costs that it incurs.

JJM & Co will have spent in excess of £3m in funding and costs to get to this stage, some of it will be recoverable, but it's still a ridiculous amount just to kick the tyres.

When Fawaz arrived he was referred to as the man who saved us when no one else would, that was never true. The issue we have now is that Fawaz is culling the field to find the "new Fawaz".

I don't think he wants to sell , he wants investment so he can maintain some influence and be seen as a success.
He's deluded, I've no idea how he will react when we are relegated , how is personality will cope with that failure.

Not angry any more, just numb.

Put on Neil Young's Harvest - 'Out on the weekend', such a sad song.

Just as well I never got into heroin (cue Airplane jokes!).

pebble - 13/1/2017 22:51

Not angry any more, just numb.

Put on Neil Young's Harvest - 'Out on the weekend', such a sad song.

Just as well I never got into heroin (cue Airplane jokes!).

I'm sure there will be a poor refereeing decision to vent at tomorrow.

CornishForest - 13/1/2017 22:51

LyttleByLyttle - 13/1/2017 22:46

I don't think he wants to sell , he wants investment so he can maintain some influence and be seen as a success.
He's deluded, I've no idea how he will react when we are relegated , how is personality will cope with that failure.

I think he wants everything: control, repayment of his debt, adoration.

Drugs are bad kids.

Fawaz on hunt for another chief executive and looking for players.

Who would come to this poisonous pit??